This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum.
We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA) and the fly likes SCEA 5.0 - Part 1 books Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide this week in the OCMJEA forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA)
Bookmark "SCEA 5.0 - Part 1 books" Watch "SCEA 5.0 - Part 1 books" New topic
Author

SCEA 5.0 - Part 1 books

Mahendar Reddy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 27, 2005
Posts: 73
Hi Friends,

I am in search of SCEA5.0 books. Are there any books available in the market? Otherwise can we expect any books in near future?

Could you please clarify me whether UML is there in Part-1 exam?


SCJP- 98%<br />SCWCD-92%
Jason Horner
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 10, 2008
Posts: 2
David Sheth posted a list of books required for this test.

http://www.coderanch.com/t/155965/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/FREE-SCEA-Beta-Certification-Exam
Cameron Wallace McKenzie
author and cow tipper
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Aug 26, 2006
Posts: 4968
    
    1

I've put together a list of books one could use for preparing for the SCEA JEE5 exam. I was interested in spending the summer writing one, so perhaps I will have something more focuessed on the Sun Architect exam come fall.

Recommended Reading - Books for Passing the SCEA Architect Certification

These resources are focussed on J2EE, but they will also be very indispensable for the JEE 5 SCEA exam as well. These are what I used to pass.

My priority would be the Cade book, UML Distilled, the Sun Press SCEA book, J2EE Design Patterns, Head First Design Patterns, GOF Design Patterns, and then Java Modelling in Color to help you on part II of the exam.

It's a tough exam, but if you work at it, and get the right resources, you'll pass.

Good luck!

-Cameron McKenzie
Mahendar Reddy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 27, 2005
Posts: 73
Thank you Jason & Cameron for your assistance.

Could you please also let me know whether UML is there in Part-I. Because none of the objectives state UML.
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3210
    
    5
Originally posted by Mahendar Reddy:
Thank you Jason & Cameron for your assistance.

Could you please also let me know whether UML is there in Part-I. Because none of the objectives state UML.


UML is not on the Part 1.


Free SCDJWS 5.0 Study Guide - SCDJWS 5.0 Quiz (How to get SCDJWS 5.0 Quiz)
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert Exam Study Guide and Quiz
Mahendar Reddy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 27, 2005
Posts: 73
Thanks Mikalai. You have clarified my doubt.
Mahendar Reddy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 27, 2005
Posts: 73
Originally posted by Cameron Wallace McKenzie:
I've put together a list of books one could use for preparing for the SCEA JEE5 exam. I was interested in spending the summer writing one, so perhaps I will have something more focuessed on the Sun Architect exam come fall.

Recommended Reading - Books for Passing the SCEA Architect Certification

These resources are focussed on J2EE, but they will also be very indispensable for the JEE 5 SCEA exam as well. These are what I used to pass.

My priority would be the Cade book, UML Distilled, the Sun Press SCEA book, J2EE Design Patterns, Head First Design Patterns, GOF Design Patterns, and then Java Modelling in Color to help you on part II of the exam.

It's a tough exam, but if you work at it, and get the right resources, you'll pass.

Good luck!

-Cameron McKenzie



Hi Cameron, you have mentioned 'UML Distilled' in the list. Is that for Part-II?
Ayub ali khan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 20, 2005
Posts: 380
    
    2
You will be tested on UML questions. However its not a essay test where you need to draw UML diagrams. You should be familiar with UML diagrams for part I.


Please correct me if I am wrong.

--Ayub


SCEA part I,TOGAF Foundation
Paul Michael
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 02, 2001
Posts: 697
Originally posted by Ayub ali khan:
You will be tested on UML questions. However its not a essay test where you need to draw UML diagrams. You should be familiar with UML diagrams for part I.


Please correct me if I am wrong.

--Ayub


Hi Ayub, I don't recall any questions on UML for SCEA 5 Part I. (it's not even included in the objectives anymore)

If I remember correctly, the reasoning behind this is that UML knowledge will be tested in "greater detail" when you start working on Part II.

It is not like the OLD SCEA where there were several questions specifically on UML for Part I.
[ June 17, 2008: Message edited by: Paul Michael ]

SCJP 1.2 (89%), SCWCD 1.3 (94%), IBM 486 (90%), SCJA Beta (96%), SCEA (91% / 77%), SCEA 5 P1 (77%), SCBCD 5 (85%)
 
wood burning stoves
 
subject: SCEA 5.0 - Part 1 books