Hi I have confirmed few times that the environment setting are correct. Client complies fine. Run fine until the program call getMessage(); Error Message is as below:
============================================= java.rmi.AccessException: CORBA NO_PERMISSION 0 No; nested exception is: org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.iiop.ShutdownUtilDelegate.mapSystemExceptio n(ShutdownUtilDelegate.java:87) at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.mapSystemException(Util.java:65) at headfirst._AdviceHome_Stub.getHomeHandle(Unknown Source) at AdviceClient.main(AdviceClient.java:18) Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct orAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274) at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259) at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.iiop.messages.ReplyMessage_1_2.getSystemExc eption(ReplyMessage_1_2.java:93) at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.iiop.ClientResponseImpl.getSystemException( ClientResponseImpl.java:108) at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.POA.GenericPOAClientSC.invoke(GenericPOACli entSC.java:136) at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:457) ... 2 more =================================================================
If some one can help please.Also I am using J2ee 1.4 if that is the problem.
You're question had been posted & answered before in this forum. All you had to do was to do a search for it.
Anyway, there is a bug with the Reference Implementation that you're using. You can't have a method name that has the same characters as the interface name. A bug with the RI, not the EJB Specs. So the workabout is to rename the method.
You could also find this piece of information in the official errata.
I had the same problem (not the CORBA BAD_OPERATION but NO_PERMISSION exception). I did a search here and found the following suggestion:
Originally posted by Dan Young: Just a small addendum:
Tried all KS's suggested remedy steps. Got the following:
java.rmi.AccessException: CORBA NO_PERMISSION
Poked around on Google and found this:
With 1.3.1 final release, the J2EE SDK became strict about checking adherence to the security policies of J2EE components.
Under the Security screen of the EJB wizard or the Security tab of the EJB inspector in deploytool, click "Deployment Settings..". Under the box "Client Authentication", make sure "Support Client Choice" is checked instead of "Certificate" or "Password".
2. Using Deploytool click "Update & Redeploytool"
3. Run you standalone client again
I'm using J2EE 1.3.1 and it solved my problem. Hope it helps.