aspose file tools*
The moose likes EJB Certification (SCBCD/OCPJBCD) and the fly likes [SCBCD 5.0] EJB 3.0 Development Environment Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Spring in Action this week in the Spring forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » EJB Certification (SCBCD/OCPJBCD)
Bookmark "[SCBCD 5.0] EJB 3.0 Development Environment" Watch "[SCBCD 5.0] EJB 3.0 Development Environment" New topic
Author

[SCBCD 5.0] EJB 3.0 Development Environment

Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3212
    
    6
Appendix A. Enterprise Application Development Environment - Installing

Feel free to post your comments here


Free SCDJWS 5.0 Study Guide - SCDJWS 5.0 Quiz (How to get SCDJWS 5.0 Quiz)
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert Exam Study Guide and Quiz
Rajan Murugan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Posts: 182
hi,
don't you require the java ee sdk?


With Regards,<br /> Rajan<br />"Java Rocks"
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3212
    
    6
Originally posted by Rajan Murugan:
hi,
don't you require the java ee sdk?


Nope.

Java EE 5.0 is not required.

We testing only EJB 3.0, not whole Java EE 5.0 APIs.

EJB 3.0 classes packaged with JBoss 4.0.4 (note, you need *installer* package to test EJB 3.0)

regards,
MZ
Rajan Murugan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Posts: 182
hi,
the specs seem have been targeted at two kind of audience.one is server providers and another one is app providers.so we have 2 sets of documents of 3 each.I found the licence agreement being different.Apart from that are the documents in any way different? Any idea? did you checked up with the sun people.(number of pages are same).what about the content?
Ko Ko Naing
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 08, 2002
Posts: 3178
Mikalai,
Could you give us some insight on why you chose JBoss for the exam preparation? Easy to setup, robust, someone recommended it or is it just your personal preference?

Thanks


Co-author of SCMAD Exam Guide, Author of JMADPlus
SCJP1.2, CCNA, SCWCD1.4, SCBCD1.3, SCMAD1.0, SCJA1.0, SCJP6.0
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3212
    
    6
Originally posted by Ko Ko Naing:
Mikalai,
Could you give us some insight on why you chose JBoss for the exam preparation? Easy to setup, robust, someone recommended it or is it just your personal preference?


Probably, just a personal preference

(actually, I did not think about that )
Waclav Pshedujko
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Posts: 7
Thanks a lot for usefull stuff.
One question so far: why not use JBossIDE Bundle (which is already Eclipse + JbossIDE + more...) instead of downloading separately eclipse and plugin?
Rajan Murugan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Posts: 182
hi,
mikalai nice work.
I am waiting for your answer regarding two sets of specs.
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3212
    
    6
Originally posted by Waclav Pshedujko:
Thanks a lot for usefull stuff.
One question so far: why not use JBossIDE Bundle (which is already Eclipse + JbossIDE + more...) instead of downloading separately eclipse and plugin?


That's another possibility. Use the bundle, or use NetBeans 5.5, or use Oracle server, or use GlassFish .....

Like in Perl religion - there is more than one way to do it


Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3212
    
    6
Originally posted by Rajan Murugan:
hi,
mikalai nice work.
I am waiting for your answer regarding two sets of specs.


Sorry, I do not uderstand your question.

Probably it's not relevant to the topic subject.

regards,
MZ
Rajan Murugan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Posts: 182
Originally posted by Rajan Murugan:
hi,
the specs seem have been targeted at two kind of audience.one is server providers and another one is app providers.so we have 2 sets of documents of 3 each.I found the licence agreement being different.Apart from that are the documents in any way different? Any idea? did you checked up with the sun people.(number of pages are same).what about the content?


I meant the above posting.I am talking about the spec 220 at jcp.org.
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr220/index.html

Specification:

* Click on the button below to download the Specification for evaluation or to build an application that uses the Specfication
Download

* Click on the button below to download the Specification to build an implementation of the Specfication
Download
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3212
    
    6
Hi Ranchers !

For those who already installed, I highly recommend to upgrade from JBoss AS version 4.0.4 GA to 4.0.5 GA.

The instructions how to install 4.0.5 with EJB 3.0 available here:

Installing Application Server

Reason: JBoss 4.0.4 GA has missing @DeclareRoles security annotation. Not sure, how that happen, but it's not included in JAR.

regards,
MZ
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
 
subject: [SCBCD 5.0] EJB 3.0 Development Environment