Hi folks, I seldom post messages in this saloon. Just a mute spectator. Perhaps only to post my results. Anyway, I cleared SCWCD today, folks. But only 78%. I got 54 of them right. I was depressed for a few hours. Now I am ok. Though only 2 questions were hard. Those 2 questions were from design patterns. Though I knew all of the others, I didnt have enough time. This might not happen to most of the guys though. The only mock exam I practiced was the HFSJ coffee cram mock exam, and I had scored 50 in that.
Now, Let me get serious and give some tips for future test takers.
1. First of all, I secretly think that the test questions were prepared by Kathy, Bert or Bryan. Or may be by someone else, but definitely all the questions were from HFSJ. Questions were dragged from every nook and corner of the book, so guys better watch out 'There are no dumb questions' etc cannot be taken lightly.
2. There were about 5-6 questions from design patterns.
3. HFSJ is the book you need to pass the exam. I prepared for about 2 months.
4. Though I believe HFSJ is the best book, I have some complaints about it as well. From an Understanding-point-of-view, its the best. But the real headache is when you want to re-read it after a few days. Its such a fat book and looks overwhelming. The computer-book-models themselves take up more than 100 pages. and what with all the notes-like stuff in every possible nook and corner, its all the way more distracting and sometimes I had even left out some of those notes without looking at them. Also we cannot carry such books with us into our offices. Anyway, the book's a big hit among all of us. The book is my favourite too. I thank the authors for their sincere effort to help us. Authors, please dont mind the complaints.
5. Practice more design patterns questions, so that you feel comfortable. Its the most time consuming, so watch out.
6. 1 or 2 questions were replicas from the HFSJ coffee cram mock exam.
Thats all I think I remember. I also remember many questions from the exam, but I dont want to disclose it here.