File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Developer Certification (SCJD/OCMJD) and the fly likes Remote Objects Interface Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Developer Certification (SCJD/OCMJD)
Bookmark "Remote Objects Interface" Watch "Remote Objects Interface" New topic
Author

Remote Objects Interface

Rudy Yeung
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 27, 2000
Posts: 183
Referring to the appended code, I have stripped off the constructor, protected and private methods, leaving only the public methods that I am going to implement on the client side. Please correct me if I am not on the right track. Also, do I need to throw the DatabaseException in add, modify and delete as in the appended code. Thx.
=============================================================
Adrian Yan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 02, 2000
Posts: 688
Yeap, that's pretty much the same thing with me.
Lisa Foster
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 28, 2001
Posts: 116
Rudy thanks agian for your expert advice i have finally succeeded in converting my DataInfo back to the JTable
Thanks Again Lisa
Rudy Yeung
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 27, 2000
Posts: 183
Adrian,
After looking into a bit more details, I notice that 95% of the request interface can be implemented by directly copy and paste all the coding from the data class. The remaining 5% will be for handling the networking stuff. Is this true on your side?
Rudy
joey phillip
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 22, 2001
Posts: 40
Hi Rudy,
How you are able to compile the interface with synchronized keyword. I think synchronized keywords are not allowed in interfaces.
public synchronized DataInfo getRecord(int recNum)throws DatabaseException, RemoteException;

joey
Rudy Yeung
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 27, 2000
Posts: 183
Yes, you are right. Actually, I have not compiled the interface yet.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Remote Objects Interface
 
Similar Threads
creating an Adapter for my interface??
Naming.Lookup and Rebind
Error compiling DataClientLocal
Question regarding data class and extending data
Trying to instantiate my middle tier class??see code