As follows: General Considerations(maximum = 58): 57 Documentation(maximum = 20): 20 GUI(maximum = 24): 23 Server(maximum = 53): 49 My server solution was RMI. I implemented locking using the standard monitor pattern (I actually started with a code snipet that I found in this forum). My search was a simple linear search through each record with an optimization for finding a specific value within a record. My GUI looked like a standard windows program with a file, view and help menu items. I had a toolbar and a status bar. My main window was a split pane with a tabbed pane on one side for searching/reserving seats and the table on the other side. I used the command pattern for menu/toolbar items and made liberal use of events to keep the components decoupled. I had on line help for the user manual. My client interface was well controlled, I presented a set of discrete server operations rather then exposing the whole Data interface to the client. The test was straight forward. I suggest taking it as soon as possible after uploading your program. Also study the sample questions in the 2nd edition of Roberts et al All told, I spent 4 weekends in January and 2 weekends in Febuary on this (about 20 hours per weekend). I finished an end to end prototype in just two weenends, but then I went through and re-wrote the whole thing from scratch with what I learned in the prototype effort. Looking back, this was probably a waste of time. If I had spent the time to work through a thorough design before coding, I would've saved a weekend (oh well, I was having fun). Well, I'm off to the Architecture Exam. Good Luck to you all!! Steve
Congrats Steve ! Now, that you have passed. I have a question for you. What do you mean by a controlled client interface where you have not exposed all the data class public methods. Could you elaborate on that .. With Regards, Swapan.