I have not posted here before but I have read through many posts and could not have achieved this result without the help off all who contribute here. Thanks very much! After waiting just over a month I got these results. General Considerations(maximum = 58): 54 Documentation(maximum = 20): 20 GUI(maximum = 24): 23 Server(maximum = 53): 51. I created a simple GUI meeting the specs. I used RMI. I extended the Data class. I created a LockManager class. I created a simple GUI for the server which logged all changes to the database. I changed the signature of the lock/unlock methods to pass in a user id. Thanks again to everyone.