File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Returning after long time

 
Jay Ashar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 208
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,
I have a question, does the assignment expire? I purchased an assignment (Bodgitt and scarper) in May 2004. I started working on it for a while and then got busy with my Job, Life etc. Now I want to come back and make sure I get this done once and for all. Before I start I would like to know does it expire, do I have to contact SUN for new assignment? I have already paid 250$ so I guess I should be able to use it right?

Thanks.
 
Daniel Simpson
Ranch Hand
Posts: 181
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Mike Saloni:
Hello All,
I have a question, does the assignment expire? I purchased an assignment (Bodgitt and scarper) in May 2004. I started working on it for a while and then got busy with my Job, Life etc. Now I want to come back and make sure I get this done once and for all. Before I start I would like to know does it expire, do I have to contact SUN for new assignment? I have already paid 250$ so I guess I should be able to use it right?

Thanks.

Nope, never expires, just as long as it hasn't been superceded by a newer version after 18 months. So you're totally fine.
 
Jay Ashar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 208
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Daniel Simpson:

Nope, never expires, just as long as it hasn't been superceded by a newer version after 18 months. So you're totally fine.


Thanks for your reply.
Just trying to understand what you said, so if there is a new version of test and it has passed 18 months, old test is no longer valid? Is that what you mean?

Thanks for your time.
 
Daniel Simpson
Ranch Hand
Posts: 181
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Mike Saloni:


Thanks for your reply.
Just trying to understand what you said, so if there is a new version of test and it has passed 18 months, old test is no longer valid? Is that what you mean?

Thanks for your time.


Sorry, didn't make myself clear, my doc says:

Throughout this exercise, you must use exclusively the Java 2 platform. You may develop your code using any implementation of the Java 2 platform, but the submission that you return must have been tested and shown to work under a production (not development) version of the Sun Microsystems' Java 2 platform and that platform must not have been superseded by a new production version for more than 18 months by the time you make your submission.


Basically, if there is a new SCJD for Tiger (which there isn't) and it has been out for 1 1/2 years, you're in trouble, but because it's not, you're totally fine.
 
Frans Janssen
Ranch Hand
Posts: 357
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Daniel Simpson:


Basically, if there is a new SCJD for Tiger (which there isn't) and it has been out for 1 1/2 years, you're in trouble, but because it's not, you're totally fine.


That is not correct: the 18 months refers to the Java release that you use to develop and test the assignment code on. So you would be in trouble when you submitted your assignment developed for Java 1.4.2 18 months after Tiger was released.

But then if you just migrated your code to Tiger (which should not be too much of an effort), you would be fine again.

Frans.
 
Daniel Simpson
Ranch Hand
Posts: 181
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Isn't that what I just said? If there is a new SDK release out, whatever version it may be, if it supercedes the one you've been using, and it has been out for over 18 months, then you would be in trouble. Otherwise use the newest SDK or just make sure a new SDK hasn' been out for over 18 months.
 
Frans Janssen
Ranch Hand
Posts: 357
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Daniel Simpson:
Isn't that what I just said? If there is a new SDK release out, whatever version it may be, if it supercedes the one you've been using, and it has been out for over 18 months, then you would be in trouble. Otherwise use the newest SDK or just make sure a new SDK hasn' been out for over 18 months.


Sorry, I thought that you meant that the assignment would expire instead of the JDK.

Frans.
 
Jay Ashar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 208
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
ahhh... so I can use new sdk but assignment does not expire. Thanks you your replies guys.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic