This week's giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons and have Godfrey Nolan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes !!!!HELP PLEASE!!!! Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "!!!!HELP PLEASE!!!!" Watch "!!!!HELP PLEASE!!!!" New topic
Author

!!!!HELP PLEASE!!!!

Anonymous
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 22, 2008
Posts: 18944
Hello,
I'm using Exam Prep Java 2 by William Brogden as my main book for preparation. Is this fine? Or should i use RHE or Khalid book. Do u find the information in the Exam prep book enough for answering all the mock questions? I find the information in this book very concise and up to the point. Is this enough or should i go in for a very detailed study (like in RHE/Khalid)for a good score in the exam. Please advice ASAP. Hoping to hear from u'all.
Thank you very much
Ajith Kallambella
Sheriff

Joined: Mar 17, 2000
Posts: 5782
Vik,
Each book is different. A new book gets released every month!!Each person taking the SCJP exam might find one book better than the other, but it is purely a personal choice. If I recommend you a book, how can I say you will like it??
Don't get me wrong here. I know where you are coming from. IMO, any book will only help you get there, but reading the book is contributes only about 20% towards your success. The rest 80% comes from writing programs and doing mock exams. I can't emphasize more on the importance of coding. Nobody can pass the exam by just reading a book. Nobody!!
Having said that, I should point out RHE is one of the most popular SCJP books out there. I like Khalid because it is concise and easy to carry ..... but again, is it sufficient to read these books? I don't know!! I can tell you right away there are people out there who have passed the exam without reading either of these books, and there are people who have read both the books and yet feel they are not ready to take the exam.
Bottom line - You are the best judge. No matter how many books( and what books ) you read, nothing can replace the confidence you get by writing programs and doing mock tests.

Ajith


Open Group Certified Distinguished IT Architect. Open Group Certified Master IT Architect. Sun Certified Architect (SCEA).
 
With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
 
subject: !!!!HELP PLEASE!!!!
 
Similar Threads
is there anyone in pune preparing for SCJP
Another Certified Java Programmer
wrappers
Help: Please advice on books
examcram.com out of business!