A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
Win a copy of
The Mikado Method
this week in the
Agile and other Processes
Sockets and Internet Protocols
Testing the load of the socket server using Threads
Joined: Aug 02, 2004
Aug 02, 2004 06:43:00
I need to
the maxium load of a socket server. I follwed the following steps for that
1. Create a Socket for the server.
2. Used to threads to invoke the steps 1 for "n" threads.
In this if i have the number of theads as 50, i program runs fine. But if i am increasing the number of threads to 60 or so, i am getting a NullpointerException.
Is this problem occurrs because
1. The server i unable to open more connections or
2. There is probelm on maxium number if ports that can be open by a process
3. Memory probelm in the program
Thanks in Advance,
Joined: Jun 02, 2003
Aug 02, 2004 19:13:00
Test number 3. with changing -X arguments for
will give you a starting point (-Xms, -Xmx, ....).
I agree. Here's the link:
- if it wasn't for jprofiler, we would need to run our stuff on 16 servers instead of 3.
subject: Testing the load of the socket server using Threads
Closing the server socket
Communication between client and server
IE window size/position question
"Software caused connection abort: socket write error"... what is it?
Sequencial Data Delivery Problem
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2013