I have a fairly simple application, in which the RMI clients will send a string to the RMI server and it will then write it into a txt file. Everything went pretty well until all of a sudden, the terminal that I started the rmiregistry crashed.
Any idea why? Will it be related to the number of clients connecting to the server?
I don't think you're using the JVM you think you're using... I'm seeing a lot of gnu.java.* classes in the core dump. Do a "which java" and a "which rmiregistry" to make sure that the right versions of these are getting called... If it's pointing to Kaffe or some other location, update your PATH so the Sun 1.5 JVM comes first.
Write once, run anywhere, because there's nowhere to hide! - /. A.C.
Joined: Mar 04, 2004
Good catch! This probably explained why it works fine if I start the rmiregistry programmatically. And after reading your reply, I check the configuration of my work machine. You are right I am not calling the right rmiregistry. Thanks.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com