This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
There are no errors on deployment, and my app. runs find. But when i try to acces my bankUI.jsp i get the error above. And I do go through the correct jsf mapping http://localhost:8080/project_1app/bankUI.jsf
Now if I remove all my jsf related tags from my jsp file (bankUI.jsp) the page is displayed correct. So the error occurs when i hit the first jsf tag on my jsp page.
I also run ejb3.0 on my jboss app server. I don't know if that is usefull information.
Ralph, have you tried to deploy your application on some other server. I deploy my JSF applications in Tomcat 5.0 and it works absolutely fine. My web.xml reads as follows (my sample app had Struts capabilities):
Joined: Apr 17, 2006
First of all, thank you for your respons.
I have solved my problem with a little help from a guy at Sun jsf Forums.
He wrote the following very helpfull lines As for your other problems, make sure you don't have multiple versions of the JSF libs in your app. If you're running on JBoss, you'll likely have all the JBoss libs in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/jsf-libs
If you package another set of JSF libs in your WEB-INF/lib directory this can cause the kind of problem you're seeing. So, in short, make sure that the above directory contains the MyFaces JSF impl and ensure that you're not packaging another set of JSF jars in your ear.
This was exactly my problem. I had a different set of jsf jars in my web-inf/lib than in the JBOSS installation. When I corrected this, there were no problems anymore.
Thanks for the tips. It helped. I had the same problem.
I found that it was because my file was named as sample.jsp and not sample.jspx. When i renamed the file as sample.jspx everything was fixed. I created the file in eclipse and it had automatically named with .jsp extension. If you are working with eclipse you might want to look at this.