Has anyone ever come across an issue where XDoclet generates the Hibernate mapping of a "bag" and changes the attribute "name" to show up in the mapping file as "role" instead. For some reason, we have one class that this happens to, and therefore when you deploy it, it fails because the mandatory name attribute is not there.
I have seen this one but I do not remember what we did. I am not a great fan of XDoclet even I have to use it for EJB 2. I prefer xml in java 1.4 and annotations in java 1.5 alias 5
Things get always more complicated as expected.<br />Author of eBook Hibernate 3 Developer Guide by example<br />Tutorials about Hibernate, EJB, Struts, JSF <a href="http://www.laliluna.de" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.laliluna.de</a>
Here is what happened. The person that created this copied and pasted stuff form another module and didn't do it correctly. Such that it used the wrong Hibernate jar. It used the 2.1 jar and not the 3.0 jar. And the Maven Project.xml didn't have things correct either. So it used a different older version where the tag was supposed to be "role". We have now changed everything to be correct versions and such and it works.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: Hibernate/XDoclet changing name attribute to role