This week's giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons and have Godfrey Nolan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Web Services and the fly likes Webservice & EJB Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Web Services
Bookmark "Webservice & EJB" Watch "Webservice & EJB" New topic
Author

Webservice & EJB

Srinivasa Raghavan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 1228
Hi all,
I'm very new to webservices.
Can i do the following task using webservice ?
I have a set of Ejb's deployed in App server.
I need to create a webservice that calls this & return some thing to client.
Is there any way for a remote client to call the ejb through a web service ?


Thanks & regards, Srini
MCP, SCJP-1.4, NCFM (Financial Markets), Oracle 9i - SQL ( 1Z0-007 ), ITIL Certified
Balaji Loganathan
author and deputy
Bartender

Joined: Jul 13, 2001
Posts: 3150
Originally posted by srini vasan:

Is there any way for a remote client to call the ejb through a web service ?


The idea would be to create to a ejb proxy method deployed as webservice.
The proxy method will locate the ejb, invoke the required ejb method and return the ejb generated result to the client(webservice user).


Spritle Software Blogs
Srinivasa Raghavan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 1228
Originally posted by Balaji Loganathan:


The idea would be to create to a ejb proxy method deployed as webservice.
The proxy method will locate the ejb, invoke the required ejb method and return the ejb generated result to the client(webservice user).


Thanks Balaji,
I have created it by seeing the documentation.
But tell me one thing To access the webservice i'm giving a proxy ( stub ) classes to the client ... that proxy refers to many classes ex: org.apache.soap does it mean that the client shd have these classes in the class path ? Although some hars are available for free download like apache jars some might be copy righted , in that case whats the solution ?
Balaji Loganathan
author and deputy
Bartender

Joined: Jul 13, 2001
Posts: 3150
Yes you need that jars.
If you shipping or redistributing the jars then better check the license file bundled with every package. Apache Axis uses Apache based License which is very flexible and easy to understand.
Srinivasa Raghavan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 1228
Originally posted by Balaji Loganathan:
Yes you need that jars.
If you shipping or redistributing the jars then better check the license file bundled with every package. Apache Axis uses Apache based License which is very flexible and easy to understand.


Thanks Balaji..
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
 
subject: Webservice & EJB
 
Similar Threads
Webservices Help in WSAD 5 for Beginner
JBoss EJB3 WebService Sample
Exposing EJB as Webservice...
assosciate webservice to a WSDL file
Promlem with Transactions in EJB