aspose file tools*
The moose likes Web Services and the fly likes Java to .NET webservice Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Web Services
Bookmark "Java to .NET webservice" Watch "Java to .NET webservice" New topic
Author

Java to .NET webservice

Srinivasa Raghavan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 1228
Hi all,

I have created and deployed a Java webservice which takes org.w3c.dom.Element as a parameter.
Now my question is how can a .NET webservice create the instance of org.w3c.dom.Element and call the web service ? To be more direct How can a .NET client can create a java object of org.w3c.dom.Element ?
[ November 30, 2004: Message edited by: srini vasan ]

Thanks & regards, Srini
MCP, SCJP-1.4, NCFM (Financial Markets), Oracle 9i - SQL ( 1Z0-007 ), ITIL Certified
Balaji Loganathan
author and deputy
Bartender

Joined: Jul 13, 2001
Posts: 3150
Have tried feeding your wsdl to .NET framework and see whether its creating the proxy or not ??


Spritle Software Blogs
Srinivasa Raghavan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 1228
Originally posted by Balaji Loganathan:
Have tried feeding your wsdl to .NET framework and see whether its creating the proxy or not ??


I'm new to .NET webservice stuff .. the requirement is i have exposed some set of Java methods as webservice , one of our clients appln is in VB and we suggest them to migrate to .NET .. Is there any link that throws more light on this ?
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by srini vasan:


I'm new to .NET webservice stuff .. the requirement is i have exposed some set of Java methods as webservice , one of our clients appln is in VB and we suggest them to migrate to .NET .. Is there any link that throws more light on this ?


Are you migrating Java web service to .NET? :roll:


Groovy
Srinivasa Raghavan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 1228
Originally posted by Pradeep Bhat:


Are you migrating Java web service to .NET? :roll:

No Mr.pradeep. The Client is a .NET Client.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Originally posted by srini vasan:

No Mr.pradeep. The Client is a .NET Client.


So Did you try what Balaji suggested.
Srinivasa Raghavan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 1228
Originally posted by Pradeep Bhat:


So Did you try what Balaji suggested.


Yes Exploring. Bit busy with some schedule .. i'll try in a day or Two ..
Balaji Loganathan
author and deputy
Bartender

Joined: Jul 13, 2001
Posts: 3150
Originally posted by srini vasan:

Yes Exploring. Bit busy with some schedule .. i'll try in a day or Two ..

www.asp.net will be a good start, they got tutorial as well.
Srinivasa Raghavan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 1228
Originally posted by Balaji Loganathan:

www.asp.net will be a good start, they got tutorial as well.


Thanks Balaji Thanks a lotttt ...
I also saw some nice stuff in MSDN in addition to asp.NET both are very good.Thanks a lott.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Java to .NET webservice