Can anyone explain what is the fundamental difference between Axis 2 and Axis 1.x Web Services that breaks the communication with non-Java clients:>? I've been currently working on application with .NET and FLEX clients.. and with Axis1 everything went OK. They were talking to each other. But when I decided to upgrade Axis to version 2.. The service meant to return a String. I've deployed it using POJO. They did not talk.. FLEX client received and response but he couldn't translate it to String. .NET Client did not even see the response (null:> ;) . Strange. Maybe the problem lies in the SAOP response which differs from Axis1 (new SOAP Schema?). Should I manage the response in a specific way on client side or should I create a specific WSDL instead of this automatically generated by Axis2? Or maybe I used wrong type of message receivers: I used RPC message receivers... instead of RawXML message receivers? The worst thing would be to return to Axis 1 when we've got Axis 2 on market. [ April 06, 2007: Message edited by: Lucas Zmudzinski ]
Axis 2 is a lot younger than Axis 1, and chances are it has some bugs were fixed in Axis 1 a long time ago. But in a situation like this where neither the the client nor the WS code has changed, I'd use a tool like tcpmon to examine the SOAP that gets sent over the wire by both versions. That may provide you with a hint of what's going wrong.
As an aside, Axis 1 is a very capable product, and can do a few things Axis 2 can't do (yet). To me, there has not yet been a compelling reason to upgrade production WS to Axis 2. [ April 06, 2007: Message edited by: Ulf Dittmer ]
Ping & DNS - updated with new look and Ping home screen widget