wood burning stoves*
The moose likes Web Services and the fly likes Hard problem with tomcat 4.1 and jwsdp-1.3 Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Web Services
Bookmark "Hard problem with tomcat 4.1 and jwsdp-1.3" Watch "Hard problem with tomcat 4.1 and jwsdp-1.3" New topic
Author

Hard problem with tomcat 4.1 and jwsdp-1.3

Alex Florentino
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 12, 2006
Posts: 48
Hi all,

I installed java jdk 1.4, tomcat 4.1 and jwsdp-1.3, it are configured and is working ok.

I create a servlet that handle SOAP messages, but it have strange result.

see my codes...

base servlet class



my servlet




and finally my client test :



I'm using tcpmonitor and it show :



but the tomcat says that message.getSOAPBody() is null , but it not seen correct because SOAPBody have content.

Somebody have some idea what is happening ?

thanks a lot
[ February 20, 2008: Message edited by: Alex Florentino ]
Peer Reynders
Bartender

Joined: Aug 19, 2005
Posts: 2922
    
    5
Try and actually do something with the body

will always respond with

regardless whether there is content inside the body.

Alex Florentino
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 12, 2006
Posts: 48
I change SAAJ implementation from SUN(jwsdp-1.3) to apache axis project then message.getSOAPBody() return xml content.

and where is the method extractContentAsDocument() coming from ?


my saaj api not have this method.
[ February 19, 2008: Message edited by: Alex Florentino ]
Peer Reynders
Bartender

Joined: Aug 19, 2005
Posts: 2922
    
    5
Originally posted by Alex Florentino:
I change SAAJ implementation from SUN(jwsdp-1.3) to apache axis project then message.getSOAPBody() return xml content.

and where is the method extractContentAsDocument() coming from ?


It was added with SAAJ 1.3 (now also standard part of the Java SE 6 JDK).

The point is that the behavior for message.getSOAPBody().toString() (which is what System.out.println uses) is implementation dependent. With SAAJ 1.2 you can use getChildElements() to get at the content of the body. Even Sun's SAAJ in the Java SE 6 JDK doesn't show the XML content with the toString() method.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Hard problem with tomcat 4.1 and jwsdp-1.3
 
Similar Threads
SOAP Fault for SOAP Action property
Display SOAP request line by line
Servlet using SAAJ and HTTP Authorization Header
Saaj attachments through HttpServlet
Servlet using SAAJ and HTTP Authorization Header