I've been doing J2ME/WAP for more than a year. I plan to buy some books on wireless technologies (J2ME, Symbian C++, Mobile Gaming etc). I've done my home work and here is my list:
- Developing Series 60 Applications by Leigh Edwards, Richard Barker.
- J2ME Game Programming by Martin J Wells
- Wireless Java: Developing with J2ME (SECOND EDITION) by Jonathan Knudsen
I'd like you to give your opinion on these or recommend others. I'm not really interested in MIDP 1.0 books. How about a book on bluetooth ?
Joined: Mar 20, 2004
I agree with you for the series 60 book ... - Developing Series 60 Applications ( Edwards/Barker) is the best .. ( I got a personal copy FREE recently )
for J2ME .. I havent read the 2 books mentioned .. These are the books i read
- Enterprise J2ME ( Micheal Yuan)-- IMO the book is not for learning J2ME but was nice to read through once you had a basic grasp of J2ME.
- Professional Mobile Programming (Wrox publications) --
Got this book from the bookshelf in my office .. dont know who put it there .. its outdated now ... did read a bit of it and i think it must have been a good book back in 2002 [ October 05, 2004: Message edited by: Punit Raizada ]
Everything that can go wrong will go wrong -Murphy
I'd really like someone to recommend a book on J2ME gaming. I am not really sure about the one I mentioned.
Joined: Mar 03, 2001
Nice choice of boook.
If you are interested in someting about bluetooth you can have a look at the sun's j2me sites about articles about bluetooth.
I have not tried developing anything with bluetooth but, I definately will be interested in it. I did have a go at it but i cant seem to find any emulator or someting like that on which I can test the stuff. I plan to deploy the application on Nokia 6600.