File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Java Micro Edition and the fly likes Thread help with a tetris game Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of EJB 3 in Action this week in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Mobile » Java Micro Edition
Bookmark "Thread help with a tetris game" Watch "Thread help with a tetris game" New topic
Author

Thread help with a tetris game

Paul Robinson
Greenhorn

Hi there,

I am having some trouble with my code, and the main problem is that im not sure what the problem is.
I have a fairly standard game -> canvas -> layer manager setup with 2 threads, one for key checking and one for normal movement setup.
The game is tetris by the way. the problem is, it works well until i happen to be holding the down button and completing a line at the same time, i have tried to figure this out but it makes no sense, i have written synchronized in all the right places (i think) and everything like that but it still does some pretty weird stuff.

If anyone would like to look at this i would greatly appreciate it, someone with more of an understanding of threads would be awesome. and maybe even a little reward for an explaination.

the code for my game is at http://www.michaelrobinsonphotography.com/family/tmp/tetris.zip

Sweet, Thanks
Paul
Nicholas Jordan
Ranch Hand

See: Singleton class private constructor woes

Double-Checked Locking is Broken

The issues are not immediately apparent, but the overall game design makes sense except for where is your main() ?

"The differential equations that describe dynamic interactions of power generators are similar to that of the gravitational interplay among celestial bodies, which is chaotic in nature."

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.

subject: Thread help with a tetris game