• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Problem in Device Descovery via Bluetooth

 
Atul Prajapati
Greenhorn
Posts: 7
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Friends,

In my application i m going to monitor the near by bluetooth devices by making contineous search.For this i am serching for devices contineously in a loop i.e. one device discovry is completed then start new device discovry.

My application works perfectly on WTK but when i tested it on NOKIA 6600 i faced the following problem.

At first time when i start my MIDlet it descovers all the near by bluetooth devices.Now i m going for another device discovery.In this case If any new user join the room it is discovered but if any existing user leave the area or switch off the Bluetooth, still that device is descovered in device discovery. So is there anything like cache? i need help that why my application is not working in same manner on Real Device and how can i identify the devices which left the room or swithed off the bluetooth.

Thanks,
Atul
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17276
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
First, just note, that Bluetooth of all the Specs/APIs is the one I find the most frustrating on real devices. Becuase it seems that the manufacturer's all really interpretted the specs all different and did different things.

But enough of that. There are two types of discovery, if I remember. One that gets all the devices, regardless of any search you did before, and another that just gets the new stuff. Maybe it is just using the getting the new stuff discovery, and you might want the get all again. Which of course, I would suspect that getting all again would take a little longer.

Mark
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic