I have written my own applets, but Appletviewer won't display them. However, they look fine in my Netscape browser. Note: 1. Appletviewer DOES work with other applets, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with installation. 2. When running Appletviewer with one of my applets, I get the following: ________________ C:\Java> appletviewer my.htm Exception in thread "main" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle sun.applet.resources.MsgAppletViewer, key appletpanel.badattribute.exception at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:382) at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:382) at sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(AppletMessageHandler.java:42) ...and a mess more of similar messages.
Any ideas what it is complaining about? I can post the original source code if that would help. Thanks.
Hi Tina Check out the arguments of <Applet> tag. Might be you have not specified the right class name for 'code' attribute. Deepak
Joined: Jun 30, 2001
Actually, I checked all the file names very carefully before posting. For convenience, I decided to create a new folder. Once I dropped my files into the new folder the appletviewer suddenly began to work. Bizarre! (This folder was simply a subfolder of the original. I have no idea now what the problem was before.)
Tina, i was getting the same error. Deepak is right. In my case, it was not the Html tags, but an extra comma <APPLET CODE="HelloAgainApplet.class" WIDTH=250, HEIGHT=70> once i took the comma after, "WIDTH=250" out <APPLET CODE="HelloAgainApplet.class" WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=70> the 'appletviewer' started working alright. neeraj singh