aspose file tools*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes Thread questions in the SCJP exam Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of EJB 3 in Action this week in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "Thread questions in the SCJP exam" Watch "Thread questions in the SCJP exam" New topic
Author

Thread questions in the SCJP exam

Harwinder Bhatia
Ranch Hand

A question for you guys especially those who've taken the exam recently:
Are there any questions in the real exam on Thread class's interrupt(), interrupted() or isInterrupted() methods?
I'm just curious as I've seen quite a few questions on these methods in Dan's exam and have not seen anything in other exams. My Khalid Mughal book (for SCJP 1.2) has no mention of these methods.
Thanks
Harwinder
Andres Gonzalez
Ranch Hand

Harwinder:
A question for you guys especially those who've taken the exam recently:
Are there any questions in the real exam on Thread class's interrupt(), interrupted() or isInterrupted() methods?

I didn't have any.
I'm just curious as I've seen quite a few questions on these methods in Dan's exam and have not seen anything in other exams. My Khalid Mughal book (for SCJP 1.2) has no mention of these methods.

Dan himself has said (written) that some of his questions are out of the exam scope. Just take them as a learning experience

I'm not going to be a Rock Star. I'm going to be a LEGEND! --Freddie Mercury
Dan Chisholm
Ranch Hand

Harwinder,
I was ready to remove those questions until Marlene mentioned that she had seen questions containing some of those methods on Sun's practice exam. I wonder if anyone has seen something similar on the real exam. I welcome more opinions on this.

Dan Chisholm<br />SCJP 1.4<br /> <br /><a href="http://www.danchisholm.net/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Try my mock exam.</a>
bengt hammarlund
Ranch Hand

I just returned from the exam, witch I scored 96%. The threads questions were simple and DID NO INCLUDE any deprecated methods. My suggestion to you, Dan, is to remove/modify any questions about that methods from your mocks. This should not only make your mocks more up-to-date to the 1.4 exam, but discourage people to use those dangerous methods.
In my opinion Sun's practice exams are crap. They have some serious (basic!) errors. Dan's exams are way better and probably flawless (at least in respect to errors, especially basic ones).
PS.: thanks Dan for your mock exams. I remembered your mocks at least 10 times on the actual exam today!

<b><i>Bengt Hammarlund</i><br />� Sun Certified Java Programmer</b>
Dan Chisholm
Ranch Hand

Congratulations on your great score Bengt!
I will remove the deprecated methods from the next version of the exam.
The interrupt, interrupted and isInterrupted methods are not deprecated. I know they appear on Sun's practice exam, but I have not yet seen any indication that they are on the real exam.
Is there anyone else out there that has taken the exam recently? Did you see interrupt, interrupted or isInterrupted on the real exam?

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Thread questions in the SCJP exam