Hi, I, like many others, have an applet, which works fine in AppletViewer, but things go awry when loading in a browser. I know these are stupid questions, but I'm a newbie so bare with me. I have all the necessary classes and the HTML file in the same directory and I have downloaded and installed the Plug-In. If I put the class name in the code value in the HTML file I get the following error:
If I then add the package (DnD) to the code value in the HTML file, it can�t find the class. Has anyone experienced this before and discovered how to fix it? Jeremy
Joined: Aug 26, 2001
Hi If you have more than one class then put all the classes in a jar file and then read them.It will work fine then Sheetal
When you use a package, you don't put all the classes in the same directory. The directory structure mirrors the package structure. What you needed in your classes directory was a DnD subdirectory containing the ExsequorWeb.class file. And the directory name has to be properly capitalized even under Windows!
Customer surveys are for companies who didn't pay proper attention to begin with.
Joined: Aug 22, 2001
Thanks, Tim. But now I've got another problem. I'm getting a RuntimePermissionException even though I've explicitly added this right in my .java.policy file using the Policy Tool.