We are facing some issues with applets. The requirement is to force the applet to use MSJVM irrespective of browser option(IE option "Use SunJRE for <applet> tag") is checked or not.
1. For that I tried to load the applet using <object> tag and passed the clsid as "clsid:08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501" then also it is loading SUNJVM if IE option "Use SunJRE for <applet> tag".
2. When I read the docs , just by deleting TreatAs subkey for clsid 08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501 , it will load the applet through MSJVM and it is loading too.
3. But the problem is if I delete this TreatAs key , it is loading the MSJVM for all the applets using <applet> tag as well as <object> tag aslo if "Use SunJRE for <applet> tag" is checked.
so what is want to know is:
1. can we use <object> tag and force only the applets using <object> tag to load through MSJVM (applets using <applet> tag should work asusual)?
2. Can we configure new clsid for MSJVM?
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com