my dog learned polymorphism
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes extending h-1B Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "extending h-1B" Watch "extending h-1B" New topic

extending h-1B

Sharma Ashutosh

Joined: Apr 06, 2001
Posts: 346
I got sponsored my h-1B visa from World's biggest IT industry in the year jan,2001. Later due to slump i never got a chance to go to US with that.
Infact it got stamped also.
It expired it's 3 yr. term in jan,2004.
I want to know now i have changed my employer-if someone else want to send me on H-1B-how that is possible?

Ashutosh Sharma
SCJP 1.2, SCEA 5, Brainbench certified J2EE Developer, Documentum Certified Professional
Blog :
Arjun Shastry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 13, 2003
Posts: 1893
To my knowledge,you must work only for that employer who had filed your H1B 3 years back.New employer has to file new H1B afresh if you are outside USA.

Sharma Ashutosh

Joined: Apr 06, 2001
Posts: 346
Are there any people who i can contact to regarding this matter?
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: extending h-1B
jQuery in Action, 3rd edition