File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Situational Interview

 
Adithya Rayaprolu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 137
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Can anyone please clarify me about this Situational Interview? I will be having one in the next 2 days. What questions are expected and how to answer? They say that its techincal situational assessment, but not technical interview. Please make me to pass this interview.
Thanks.
 
Matt Cao
Ranch Hand
Posts: 715
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I honestly do not understand why you Indian people have so much craps procedure for the interview process. Anyway, it is nothing more than you will solve a case scenario technically.
Regards,
MCao
 
Jeroen Wenting
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5093
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
no more crap it seems than "assessment centers", "aptitude tests", etc. etc. which Europeans and Americans are subjected to and which serve no purpose except to make the companies providing them rich.
Had one ex-colleague who would have been hired except for one of those.
Technical interviews went perfect, IT department wanted him badly but HR insisted on running him through an assessment center. The outcome of that (that he was unsuited to work in IT, all they'd done was have him roleplay some scripted thingy that had nothing at all to do with the job he applied for) was more important than the excellent technical merits he'd shown to the IT bosses.
Forgot to mention, the man has 20 years of IT experience under his belt plus another 10 as an editor for a radio and TV station yet that "test" showed him a person who cannot relate to others and should not work in IT or any job requiring customer contact...
[ May 05, 2004: Message edited by: Jeroen Wenting ]
 
Adithya Rayaprolu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 137
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Matt Cao:
Hi,
I honestly do not understand why you Indian people have so much craps procedure for the interview process. Anyway, it is nothing more than you will solve a case scenario technically.
Regards,
MCao


Hi Matt Cao,
This is not an Indian interview procedure, this is an AMERICAN interview procedure, I too don't understand why they have such interview procedure. Don't generalize things. I am being interviewed in USA, not India.
Thanks.
[ May 05, 2004: Message edited by: Adithya Rayaprolu ]
 
Adithya Rayaprolu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 137
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I asked for help, if you can provide me some examples, please. Please don't go off the topic.
Thanks.
 
Jesse Torres
Ranch Hand
Posts: 985
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Matt Cao:
Hi,
I honestly do not understand why you Indian people have so much craps procedure for the interview process. Anyway, it is nothing more than you will solve a case scenario technically.
Regards,
MCao

Your comment is pure ignorance. You posted a similar remark on my thread, last week. It appears that you are the one who needs to learn how to communicate more effectively. Start by putting an end to your unwarranted and baseless comments.
 
Matt Cao
Ranch Hand
Posts: 715
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jeroen Wenting:
no more crap it seems than "assessment centers", "aptitude tests", etc. etc. which Europeans and Americans are subjected to and which serve no purpose except to make the companies providing them rich.
Had one ex-colleague who would have been hired except for one of those.
Technical interviews went perfect, IT department wanted him badly but HR insisted on running him through an assessment center. The outcome of that (that he was unsuited to work in IT, all they'd done was have him roleplay some scripted thingy that had nothing at all to do with the job he applied for) was more important than the excellent technical merits he'd shown to the IT bosses.
Forgot to mention, the man has 20 years of IT experience under his belt plus another 10 as an editor for a radio and TV station yet that "test" showed him a person who cannot relate to others and should not work in IT or any job requiring customer contact...
[ May 05, 2004: Message edited by: Jeroen Wenting ]

Hi,
Then the test worh it. IT experience is one thing, the person underneath is the one the company has to deal with days in and days out.
I have been through six hours interview with the panel. I might have been through the several "tests" during the process without me realizing it.
Regards,
MCao
 
Matt Cao
Ranch Hand
Posts: 715
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Adithya Rayaprolu:


Hi Matt Cao,
This is not an Indian interview procedure, this is an AMERICAN interview procedure, I too don't understand why they have such interview procedure. Don't generalize things. I am being interviewed in USA, not India.
Thanks.
[ May 05, 2004: Message edited by: Adithya Rayaprolu ]


Sorry,
I should have asked where was your locale. Anyway, as I said previously it has nothing more than they throw you a technical scenario and you need to solve it.
Regards,
MCao
 
Matt Cao
Ranch Hand
Posts: 715
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jesse Torres:

Your comment is pure ignorance. You posted a similar remark on my thread, last week. It appears that you are the one who needs to learn how to communicate more effectively. Start by putting an end to your unwarranted and baseless comments.

Hi,
If my input offended you last time, you should have said so. Otherwise, I assume it correct. Anyway, yes, I still learn to communicate more effectively everyday. Since I am already a partner with a large organization, it only manifest the magnitude of my decision on everything affect my organization.
Regards,
MCao
 
Falana Dhimkana
Ranch Hand
Posts: 38
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Matt Cao:
Hi,
I honestly do not understand why you Indian people have so much craps procedure for the interview process. Anyway, it is nothing more than you will solve a case scenario technically.
Regards,
MCao

Matt,
Next time you ask a question here we will assume that there is a problem in Taiwan.
Still better we will all assume that any problem you face means that Taiwan has crappy procedures.
 
Matt Cao
Ranch Hand
Posts: 715
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Falana,
Nope. I am in US and yes my partner is in Taiwan and US. Billy T and a few folks know the magnitude of my partner presence in the technology world.
Taiwan is still a third world country, it has its shares of crappy procedures. For example, legislators beat the living daylight of each others during the congress/representative session. Wise folks tell me they just like wrestling in US, all kisses and hugs afterward.
Regards,
MCao
 
Mark Herschberg
Sheriff
Posts: 6037
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Let's all remember that communication is difficult, especially across cultural and language hurdles. 99.999% of the people post here because they are trying to help you. When in doubt, assume they meant well.
--Mark
 
Falana Dhimkana
Ranch Hand
Posts: 38
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Matt Cao:
Hi Falana,
Nope. I am in US and yes my partner is in Taiwan and US. Billy T and a few folks know the magnitude of my partner presence in the technology world.
Regards,
MCao

That was exactly my point! You assumed that Adithya is in India. Also you made a general statement "you indians". Such language is considered impolite. By the same logic, the rest of us can assume and say "you Taiwanese"
 
Tara Bhattacharjee
Ranch Hand
Posts: 36
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Poeple, listen to what Mark H is saying. Why do we all have such big egos anyway???
 
Marc Peabody
pie sneak
Sheriff
Posts: 4727
Mac Ruby VI Editor
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This one is for you luxemburgians:
http://www.google.com/search?q=situational+interview
 
Billy Tsai
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1304
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
they have those recruitment procedures in NZ and Australia too
u have to do all sorts of tests at the assesment center then several rounds of interviews, but I think those processes r crap its not like u r applying for scholarship to do a PhD.
in taiwan things r much simpler just 1 interview and look at ur experience then do some test during that interview, not like they test on on the phone etc.... blah blah blah.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic