• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Problem getting result on Page

 
Jeanne Pierre
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am working with a simple html page that makes a call to a servlet that accesses data from a database using JDBC. Everything seems to be working fine except when I hit the submit button on the html page. I get part of what I expect. I expect to see a html page with a table with information. I get the title of the cells but not the content from the query. I did a view source on that page and it seems like it breaks right after the cell titles are written. I executed a query from the command line and the database is connecting and I also get the results that "should" show up on th e screen. I tried it on IE as well as FireFox same thing happens. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion of why this could be happening and what I need to do to fix it.


This is the Servlet Code:


This is the html code:


this is the result from the view source:


Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you
 
Eric Pascarello
author
Rancher
Posts: 15385
6
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Moving to jsp since it is the server code giving you rpoblems and not the HTML formatting.

Eric
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 64205
83
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
A truncated HTML file is a sure sign that an exception was thrown by the server-side code that prevented it from completing.
 
Ben Zung
Ranch Hand
Posts: 109
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Juding from your code and where it broke, it should be a driver issue. It never reached the statement. Check the stack trace printed out.
You also may want to catch the exception in an order like "ClassNotFoundException" for the driver, "SQLException" for query and "Exception" for all if you want. Or simply separate the code of loading the driver and the code to execute your query. And at the end, you want to close your statment(and resultset?)

Good luck.
 
Brian Smith
Ranch Hand
Posts: 63
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Also rd is not declared anywhere. It looks like a misspelling of your resultset rs.
 
Jeanne Pierre
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank You so much to all who replied to this message. I was able to find the problem. I did not know that I had to shutdown Tomcat and then start it. that seemed to give me the missing pieces. Thank you so much again, it really means a lot to me that people are willing to help.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic