I stored DB results in a HASHMAP and then ARRAYLIST, but it displayed my results in an order that wasn't the way I needed it.
I've been trying to store my results in an ArrayList, but for some reason, the JSP page using JSTL just displays a blank page. No results, no nothing.
Here is where I store my Array List
and here is the main display part of the JSTL page.
I'm confused as to why I can use a HashMap and ArrayList and get results to display but when I try to just use an ArrayList to store, nothing is displayed at all. [ April 20, 2007: Message edited by: Bear Bibeault ]
But for whatever reason, it forwards me to a blank queryResults.jsp page.
However when I use a hashmap in the DBcode, like the code listed below, I do get results back. Albiet they aren't displayed in the order I wish them to be.
As far as logs, I don't have access to them on websphere 6.0. I run jython scripts to either update, delete or install my web application and from there I can't even read the folder on the server.. That is locked down by the server admins. [ April 20, 2007: Message edited by: william gates ]
I tested on my local system using Apache Tomcat 5 before deploying to the Websphere 6.0 development server box. But there were many issues related with new server admins, scripts, db connections, memory allocation, user accounts and so on that made it a waste to continue testing on the local Tomcat web server.
I'll try to test on Tomcat to see if I can see what's going wrong, but i'm sort of flying blind right now on the Websphere 6.0 side. The server admins have been helpful enough over the past few weeks, even though they are new to Websphere. The problem now is the two server admins are gone until May. One is in training and the other on vacation. So I can't even ask them to see if they can send me error logs.
It's not difficult to write a servlet that reads log files and streams them to the browser.
If I were working in such absurd conditions, I wouldn't write a line of anything else until I was done building one.
Joined: Feb 21, 2007
Thanks.. I'll have to do that..
It's all for security reasons, which I understand. Doesn't make it easier, but it sort of makes sense. They've had one too many "missing laptop" problems and hence, a new IT Security Kingpin with all new rules, regulations and policies.
Besides that, I'm a contractor and I've had to go through many user rights, privledges, and admin issues over the past few months due to me being a non-employee. Sometimes I can't connect to a certain database until I get approved and that might take a week or two.
That's all besides the point though. I'll have to write a servlet to find out what is going wrong.
Joined: Feb 21, 2007
Sort of related to original topic..
I decided to store the DB data in a bean.. Not sure if I'm doing it right or not and definitely not sure if I set up JSTL correctly. I'm new to JSTL so not sure how it all works together at times. I get my page to display, but I don't get any results back.. Just my Table Headers(which I hardcoded in the table and no data.
Here is the JSP results page with JSTL :
Here is how I store the Java Bean.
And here is the part of my servlet
[ April 20, 2007: Message edited by: william gates ] [ April 20, 2007: Message edited by: william gates ]