Win a copy of Mesos in Action this week in the Cloud/Virtualizaton forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Invalid URL, and I'm not sure why.

 
Mike Curwen
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3695
IntelliJ IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I'm getting an error I haven't run across before, and I'm a bit stumped. The drivers and URL I'm using work in another 'part' of my application, but they don't seem to work in this newer part. If you think it's relevant, the application is a WAR application running under iPlanet6sp3. Some helper classes files (for Data Access) are able to use the following information:
Here is some code that attempts to use these settings, in a new iPlanet Startup Class.
And finally, here is what I get:
Any help is much appreciated. Sorry for the long code post.
[This message has been edited by Mike Curwen (edited October 02, 2001).]
 
shilpa kulkarni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 87
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Mike Curwen:
[B]

[/B]

Could it be the space between the words jdbc and oracle??
try - dbUrl="jdbc racle:thin:@boxName:1521:dbName";
 
shilpa kulkarni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 87
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sorry for the smiley, i meant
dbUrl= "jdbcracle:thin:@boxName:1521:dbName";
 
Mike Curwen
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3695
IntelliJ IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sorry about that shilpa,
I double checked my source, and there are no 'invisible' characters in my original string. I think when I copy and pasted into JavaRanch, and I initially had smilies turned on, and then turned them off, it added those spaces.

There are no spaces in my URL.
 
Mike Curwen
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3695
IntelliJ IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have solved the problem with the help of a colleague.

We discovered that 'boxName' could not be resolved, and when we replaced that with the actual IP address of the server, everything worked fine.

Neither of us is quite sure why this fails, but because I'm deploying this application to my localhost version of iAS on my NT box, and the app I know works is deployed to a box elsewhere that runs Solaris (which is outside the firewall), perhaps this has something to do with it.

Now all I need to do is fix up my SQL so I don't get any ORA: errors.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic