Hi, I am not wasting your time for a syntax error correction. I have run out of clues on this problem. The error comes from within a bean method, when the method is called by a jsp search page within some specific search terms. The bean method works fine with most of the search terms, displaying a number of matching record. (The search term is parsed to give the matching pattern of an sql - "... name like '<search term>%' ... ".) It works fine in most cases. But when I tried to match a 'G%', it failed and gave me "Invalid Cursor State" error _after_ outputing 5 matching records, halting on the 6th record. I have also tested my bean sql statement with this special 'G%' case within Pervasive SQL Executor with no error.
The above information is how far I get with my investigation. SQLWarning didn't give me anything. I am using Pervasive, through JDBC/ODBC. Also using Tomcat 4.1.18, jdk1.4. The error is inconsistent in the sense that not all search term causes it. But it is very consistent to give error whenever I search by this G term, and also stop on the 6th record. And that 6th record seemed normal when I looked at it from Pervasive SQL console.
Someone please point at some rocks I could flip to find this bug. Thanks -Kundi