It's not a secret anymore!*
The moose likes JDBC and the fly likes resouce config problem Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Databases » JDBC
Bookmark "resouce config problem" Watch "resouce config problem" New topic
Author

resouce config problem

Jim Babcock
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 03, 2004
Posts: 55
Hello,

I have two jdbc resources that I'm trying to run in a connection pool. The local on works and the second one doesn't. I don't know what the issue is... Can anyone spot anything?

In context.xml I have:


In webapp/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml I have:


I'm calling it thusly in my jsp file:


I'd been using beans to make my SQL connections and the reports server was successfully connecting with the following bean code:



When I execuite the page I get this error:

[ July 13, 2005: Message edited by: Bear Bibeault ]
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal

Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Posts: 60053
    
  65

Dude, were those the real usernames and passwords in your post? I blanked them out just in case!


[Asking smart questions] [Bear's FrontMan] [About Bear] [Books by Bear]
craig a chapman
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 24, 2005
Posts: 27
You haven't specified the port number in the second url.
Jim Babcock
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 03, 2004
Posts: 55
I had it there, but took it out because the bean code that does work, doesn't have it. *shrug*
craig a chapman
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 24, 2005
Posts: 27
Does the remote database have connections via TCP/IP enabled? You can change this setting through MySQL administrator -> Startup Variables -> General Parameters. I think it's disabled by default.
craig a chapman
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 24, 2005
Posts: 27
Scrap that last comment. I just remembered you have managed to connect with your bean.
Roger Chung-Wee
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2002
Posts: 1683
I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but shouldn't your JDBC environment subcontext be:


SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.3, SCBCD 1.3
Jim Babcock
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 03, 2004
Posts: 55
I tried it, but it didn't change things. I didn't think it would, becuase I'd fat fingered the IP and it complained and went back to this error when I fixed it.
Jim Babcock
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 03, 2004
Posts: 55
Excuse me while I punch myself in the head... I had the IP number wrong all this time. Apparently the one I used is a valid machine, because as I said above, I'd fat fingered the last octet as 384 and it didn't work. The thing is we have a million and six IP ranges internally, and the 3rd octet should have been 16 not 1. I vi'ed and stared at content.xml one more time and it just jumped out at me.

*whump* *whump* *whump*

Jimbus
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: resouce config problem
 
Similar Threads
Mqsql DB connection Issue
Another shutting down problem
Networked Programs that work across countries
Unable to create a JNDI InitialContext problem
RMI problem with Localhost