Win a copy of Mesos in Action this week in the Cloud/Virtualizaton forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

100% travel jobs

 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
what should be the salary difference if some one moves to pursue a option of 100% travel technology consultant job(compared to stay at a place full-time position at a stable firm)
 
ak pillai
author
Ranch Hand
Posts: 288
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
All depends on supply and demand, and the state of the job market.
 
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand
Posts: 628
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I would love to do a 100% travelling job...Any idea about companies offering such jobs??
 
Sameer Jamal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1870
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Rambo Prasad:
I would love to do a 100% travelling job...Any idea about companies offering such jobs??


May be DHL
[ March 03, 2006: Message edited by: Sameer Jamal ]
 
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand
Posts: 628
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
May be DHL


LoL
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fun aside, I wanted to know the negatives and positives of being a 100% travel technology consultant.
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Kishore Dandu:
Fun aside, I wanted to know the negatives and positives of being a 100% travel technology consultant.


Frankly tell you, for the first few days you will be enjoying, but after 1 month, you will feel that it would be better to seat in office and work.
 
Henry Wong
author
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 21116
78
C++ Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java jQuery Linux VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Chetan Parekh:

Frankly tell you, for the first few days you will be enjoying, but after 1 month, you will feel that it would be better to seat in office and work.


Agreed. I did about 25% travel for about 2 years. The first 6 months were interesting -- different locations, hotels, resturants, car rental, people, etc. After about 6 months, I really wanted my own bed, home cooked meals, catching up on fix up stuff around the house, and most importantly, friends and family.

Henry
 
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Henry Wong:


Agreed. I did about 25% travel for about 2 years. The first 6 months were interesting -- different locations, hotels, resturants, car rental, people, etc. After about 6 months, I really wanted my own bed, home cooked meals, catching up on fix up stuff around the house, and most importantly, friends and family.

Henry


Man can not live with bread alone
 
Shipra Verma
Ranch Hand
Posts: 116
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Travelling consultants generally get paid 40-100% higher then employee type position ( talking about big names like Microsoft , Oracle , BEA Systems types ) . These position involves constant skill upgradation , great soft skills . On the flip side you away from your family and have less of personal time .
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic