Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

J2EE setup and runnig

 
Jahchand
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have just got J2EE
I am sure that I have set the appropriate classpaths and environment varaibles..
But when I try to run J2EE from bin directory I get the following:
C:\j2sdkee1.3\bin>set J2EE_HOME=C:\j2sdkee1.3
C:\j2sdkee1.3\bin>set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.2.2
Syntax error
Syntax error
Syntax error
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/naming/Context
Can anyone help?
thanks
 
Frank Carver
Sheriff
Posts: 6920
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
"Jahchand",
The Java Ranch has thousands of visitors every week, many with surprisingly similar names. To avoid confusion we have a naming convention, described at http://www.javaranch.com/name.jsp . We require names to have at least two words, separated by a space, and strongly recommend that you use your full real name. Please log in with a new name which meets the requirements.
Thanks.
 
tatae alvostru
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I get the same synzatx errors but don't know where they come from. I also have to set the env space to 32k. Are you on WinMe ?
 
Andrew Jahchand
Greenhorn
Posts: 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
No I am using windows 98
Originally posted by tatae alvostru:
I get the same synzatx errors but don't know where they come from. I also have to set the env space to 32k. Are you on WinMe ?

 
Roopa Bagur
Ranch Hand
Posts: 267
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You have to set your Classpath to point to j2sdkee\lib\j2ee.jar
Originally posted by Jahchand:
Hi,
I have just got J2EE
I am sure that I have set the appropriate classpaths and environment varaibles..
But when I try to run J2EE from bin directory I get the following:
C:\j2sdkee1.3\bin>set J2EE_HOME=C:\j2sdkee1.3
C:\j2sdkee1.3\bin>set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.2.2
Syntax error
Syntax error
Syntax error
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/naming/Context
Can anyone help?
thanks

 
Rishi Kumar
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,
How did you get away with it?
I have set the classpath to C:\j2sdkee1.3\lib\j2ee.jar but still giving syntax error.
Please help.
THank you
 
m rahman
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Make sure that all bat files are in PC format. If you open any bat file using notepad and see black rectangular boxes instead of
new line character, delete all boxes and replace them with new carriage return.
If still you have syntax error problem, you have to do something else that can be discussed later.

Originally posted by Rishi Kumar:
Hi guys,
How did you get away with it?
I have set the classpath to C:\j2sdkee1.3\lib\j2ee.jar but still giving syntax error.
Please help.
THank you

 
Frank Glinka
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi. 3 lines of the setenv.bat File causes this Error Messages.
Take a look at: http://www.javaranch.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000956.html
 
Frank Glinka
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic