I have created a Connectionpool for Oracle and a dataSource for it,through the console.I confirmed the presence of these details in the config.xml. But during runtime DATASOURCE NAME not found exception is arising. The same setup is running well in Weblogic 5.1. What might be the problem. Suggest me some solutions
is there any messages like Creation of data source failed .. cominup while you start the default server? if yes, you need to do some reconfigurations. Make sure that the path where the Oracle jdbc driver resides is included in Your Classpath as well as the web logic class path.. and as a desporate measure, you can edit the startWebLogic.cmd file to include the path in the web logic class path.
Hi, In Weblogic 6.0 , there is different mechanism to get the connection pools.You have to specifically use the classes provided by the weblogic. you have to use the package weblogic.db.jdbc.* and you have to look up as Class.forName("weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver").newInstance(); dbConnection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:weblogic ool:tc4Pool"); I hope this will help u. Have a nice time, Sreenivas ------------------ Engineer R&D, CMC Ltd,Hyd,India
"bkarthikn" The Java Ranch has thousands of visitors every week, many with surprisingly similar names. To avoid confusion we have a naming convention, described at http://www.javaranch.com/name.jsp . We require names to have at least two words, separated by a space, and strongly recommend that you use your full real name. Please log in with a new name which meets the requirements. Secondly, This is not the forum to post your queries on Weblogic. The appropriate forum is Weblogic Servers. Please post your queries in the appropriate forums. Thanks.
Hi, Check if your server was setup as a target machine. To do this, check your connection pool from the console.
Originally posted by bkarthikn: I have created a Connectionpool for Oracle and a dataSource for it,through the console.I confirmed the presence of these details in the config.xml. But during runtime DATASOURCE NAME not found exception is arising. The same setup is running well in Weblogic 5.1. What might be the problem. Suggest me some solutions
Hi, rigth clic on the name of the server where you have the DataSource and go to "view jndi tree" or something like that, you should see the jndi name bind to the jndi tree from that server if you�re not able to see it there something is wrong, also try to use: // Put connection properties in to a hashtable. Hashtable ht = new Hashtable(); ht.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory"); ht.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "here_server_url_ex_t3://localhost:7001"); // Get a context for the JNDI look up ctx = new InitialContext(ht); javax.sql.DataSource ds = (javax.sql.DataSource) ctx.lookup ("jndi_name_goes_here"); conn = ds.getConnection(); regards.