wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes Java Interview Questions : Core Java, JSP, Servlet, EJB   Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "Java Interview Questions : Core Java, JSP, Servlet, EJB   " Watch "Java Interview Questions : Core Java, JSP, Servlet, EJB   " New topic
Author

Java Interview Questions : Core Java, JSP, Servlet, EJB

pravin jain
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posts: 7
Java - J2ee Interview Question and Answers

Find 400+ Java - J2ee Interview Questions and answers at
http://java-j2ee-interview-questions.blogspot.com

Please suggest any additions/deletions.
Pavel Kubal
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 13, 2004
Posts: 356
What is the point in learning interview questions? If you don't know these largely easy questions, you'll be fired in the first week.
Ben Souther
Sheriff

Joined: Dec 11, 2004
Posts: 13410

Moving to the Jobs Discussion forum.

(By the way: I agree with Pavel. Tricking an interviewer into thinking that you know the subject material by memorizing answers to other's interview questions is dishonest and ultimately, counterproductive).
[ July 17, 2006: Message edited by: Ben Souther ]

Java API J2EE API Servlet Spec JSP Spec How to ask a question... Simple Servlet Examples jsonf
Shaan Shar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 27, 2005
Posts: 1249

Originally posted by pravin jain:
Java - J2ee Interview Question and Answers

Find 400+ Java - J2ee Interview Questions and answers at
http://java-j2ee-interview-questions.blogspot.com

Please suggest any additions/deletions.


Pravin,

Although this link is not working...



connection timeout is coming..while accessing this link..


The Best way to predict your future is to create it - Every great individual common man
Jeroen T Wenting
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 21, 2006
Posts: 1847
Originally posted by Pavel Kubal:
What is the point in learning interview questions? If you don't know these largely easy questions, you'll be fired in the first week.


cheating your way into a job you don't deserve.
Just like cramming for an exam where you never did your homework is cheating to get a diploma you don't deserve.


42
Rish Jain
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 22, 2006
Posts: 85
I dont feel that going through these kind of questions is cheating. Dont we revise before giving Graduation exams? And many times you work on one or few things and its human being tendency to forget. So I prefer to go through all imp question before any exams or interview.
Biren shah
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 13, 2005
Posts: 107
hey i believe you are right..
my personal experience is that..interviewers has there own predefined set of questions in their minds to ask and judge.
it may be possible that u might be king in ejb but dont know the predefined set of questions and you may fail..

but i also agree that fooling the interviewer by answering questions learned from Interview FAQ is not going to take you a long way ..and you may be dropped by paying the 15days advacen pay.


Biren Shah<br />scjp 93%<br />scwcd 1.4 92%
Aj Mathia
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 11, 2003
Posts: 478
Originally posted by Jeroen T Wenting:


cheating your way into a job you don't deserve.
Just like cramming for an exam where you never did your homework is cheating to get a diploma you don't deserve.


I feel you are judging the Topic starter without even actually looking at the link he provided.
If you click on it you will see that hardly 1/10th of the questions are answered.
Personally i found many questions that relate to topics i know exist but never had to use, so i feel this and similar pages will get you thinking.
My advise is not to be negitive about everything, but look at the bright side of things.


You think you know me .... You will never know me ... You know only what I let you know ... You are just a puppet ... --CMG
Kj Reddy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 20, 2003
Posts: 1704
Originally posted by Biren shah:

my personal experience is that..interviewers has there own predefined set of questions in their minds to ask and judge.


There are some narrow minded interviewers who expect answers just same answer as in their mind. They might have read the answer in some book. To handle those kind of interviewers definitely we need to go thru FAQs.
abhishek roy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 08, 2006
Posts: 78
Yes recently in my project I found such people. They know nothing about the technology and they are in. Guess what I found them in onsite, interacting with the clients. And as a result of all this my PM pressurized me to do all the work for myself. A team of 4 but all non contributers. All companies should shun such people. A waste of valuable developer time and also increasing the stress levels of the actual working developer.

If you notice such guys they change jobs like they change their clothes. I m really sad that interviewers are sticking on to those FAQs only without going into the essential details. Take for example myself, I myself was rejected on many grounds because I didnt know EJB. I told the interviewer that I dont know EJB , however I know other persistent frameworks but no effect. I felt that the interviewer is also a mugged up person.

The developer community should shun all these types of people getting fast jobs and ruining the life of an average developer.



regards,<br />Abhishek
Biren shah
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 13, 2005
Posts: 107
They know nothing about the technology and they are in. Guess what I found them in onsite, interacting with the clients. And as a result of all this my PM pressurized me to do all the work for myself.


That is the problem of company management.


If you notice such guys they change jobs like they change their clothes.

They will have to face the consequences in recession

There are some narrow minded interviewers who expect answers just same answer as in their mind. They might have read the answer in some book. To handle those kind of interviewers definitely we need to go thru FAQs.


I am facing this problem right now.

and finally i m also going for FAQ on technologies i have not worked..and telling the interviewer..that ok..i know little about it..instead of ya i m confident working in it.
Vishal Bhatiya
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 20, 2004
Posts: 32
Originally posted by abhishek goswamy:

The developer community should shun all these types of people getting fast jobs and ruining the life of an average developer.



Hey Abhishek good thoughts but not possible mate. Thats what I had been trying to highlight in one of my previous posts. That the market is booming and hence such other factors like job change and stability are becoming redundant.
If one company does not provide them the opportunity then the next one will. The scariest among them are the sweet talkers who tend to become your bosses and absolutely have no sense of direction in terms of technology or client business. I have faced these to a lot.
Please add these to the list too

Cheers
Vishal
pravin jain
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posts: 7
The basic intention for posting was to collate possible questions and answers asked in Interviews.

The reason being,whenever one attends an Interview irrespective of his/her experience, most interviewers expect that the candidate knows in and out of technology.
And to some extent I agree to this, cause one may or may not have the expsosure in each and every aspect of the technology, but he/she should know the basic things on the technology he is working on.

We say we have X years of experience in J2EE but do not understand EJB?
Does this make sense ? No.

Again i understand reading these Questions http://java-j2ee-interview-questions.blogspot.com/ will not teach anyone EJB or Servlets ..but atleast one would start looking into the books what does it mean.

And again all software houses are doing BUSINESS and not CHARITY so please do not expect them not to ask Questions where one is not comfortable.

No offence meant.

Thanks

Please let me know how can I improve my post

http://java-j2ee-interview-questions.blogspot.com/
Rachel Rose
Greenhorn

Joined: Jan 24, 2006
Posts: 13
Originally posted by pravin jain:
The basic intention for posting was to collate possible questions and answers asked in Interviews.

The reason being,whenever one attends an Interview irrespective of his/her experience, most interviewers expect that the candidate knows in and out of technology.
And to some extent I agree to this, cause one may or may not have the expsosure in each and every aspect of the technology, but he/she should know the basic things on the technology he is working on.

We say we have X years of experience in J2EE but do not understand EJB?
Does this make sense ? No.

Again i understand reading these Questions http://java-j2ee-interview-questions.blogspot.com/ will not teach anyone EJB or Servlets ..but atleast one would start looking into the books what does it mean.

And again all software houses are doing BUSINESS and not CHARITY so please do not expect them not to ask Questions where one is not comfortable.

No offence meant.

Thanks

Please let me know how can I improve my post

http://java-j2ee-interview-questions.blogspot.com/




Ya, may be some of our rancher friends took it wrongly. We should never byheart Interview Questions...but possibly such questionnaire may force you (positively) to take a look into some books or online tutorials to get the basic knowledge of what a particular 'term' means or 'how is it used'....If considered this way...this can be a fun way to keep upadting yourself with whats in the market...

Ofcourse in Interviews, you should be honest enough to say that you have theortical knowledge(and not experience) and even let the Interviewer know how you keep yourself updated with the technologies and how eager you are to learn new upcoming tools and technologies.

-Sweety
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
 
subject: Java Interview Questions : Core Java, JSP, Servlet, EJB
 
Similar Threads
How to prepare for interview?
sites for interview questions
Java Interview Questions
Interview question
lehman java interview