This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
I am reading the entire blogs on Syntel. i am worried with another thing. I have come here to US on B1 visa and my initial stay is for 3 months. I want to stay more and even my company is ready to extend it-infact they do the same with almost all the B1 visa holders. But i heard that in future it will be held against the candidate as INS at the port of entry might deny you the visa entry or give you very less duration visa-is it right? Please advise. If it is right i am going to tell them that i dont want any more extension and then come again.
Once again Syntel thread has been alive. Yes-dont get your I-94 extension. It's good and beneficial for Syntel but you are going to loose in future. I know Syntel just want to bring people onsite. As it takes a good amount of time for H-1 visa to be approved they simply push people to come on other visas like B1 for work purpose and then mis-use. Syntel is really doing 100s of wrong things man. Be carefull-dont get into there trap and get home-you can ask them to send you back to USA once again if you are that much important for them/project.
If you are visiting frequently on Business Visa and every time staying for 3 months then it will be a problem for you.No doubt INS will ask too many questions because B1 visa is for business dicussions and business discussion doesn't last long.I am sure you are involved in some programming stuff on B1 visa.This is illegal. It will create problem at entry port and if your company processes your H1,then you might not get it.All your records of entering and leaving USA resides with INS.So be cautios and come back.It has happened with one of my friend working with big Indian company.
Originally posted by sanjay gautam: It has happened with one of my friend working with big Indian company.
Why not US ban/punish all those companies?
My blood is tested +ve for Java.
Joined: Aug 26, 2006
Better ask Syntel to file your H1 or L1 otherwise you go back to India. It's not good for you to stay on B1 longer than what's being told by INS(as per I-94 duration). I know syntel will not do it-but your chances of coming to US in future will not be in danger.Apart for the processing time for H1-the problem is the H1 from Syntel might not get approved by DOL(Department of Labour) as there are many back wages cases pending against syntel-as they are too infamous for not paying the last salaries of their employees when they are leaving(gracefully or disgracefully-i mean to say either with notice or without notice). Moreover they need to pay a salary of 55-61K when somebody is on H1 while they can save a lot of money by keeping you on B1 as the per diem allowance they give is much lesser and for that they need not have to pay the tax to US or indian government. But it's in your interest to right now go back to india on B1(dont get it extended) and later you may come back here on H1 or L1.
1. Extremely Poor Quality of Work. Almost negligible trainings given to laterals.
2. Inefficient Managers - Trust me, many senior people like Delivery Directors/ Delivery Managers/Project Managers writes mail drafted in extremely poor & silly english. Highly frustrated people...
3. No Basic Requirements - Tea/Coffee, Printout, Local Call & in some offices no water even !! not believing.... ask people..Management try to save money on these things. They want to improve the revenue.
4. 95% Syntel employees are technically very weak. Sr Management don't even know the basic fundamentals of IT/Software even... I would publish emails/examples of senior mgt people of syntel in future...and you would have a hearty laugh... If anyone works in syntel for 1+ year, he/she needs to put a lot of efforts to get a new job !!
5. Business Policies - Management has made absolutely ridiculous business policies and most of the time they hide behind it. One can not even imagine the way issues related to Certifcation, Travel related, VISA, Variable pay is handled. Moreover every 2-3 months they change the policies. Its a rumour that Srikanth Karra - Global HR Head gets 1 crore per year. Its surprising to see that what he does? Syntel never saw any good profile people coming into since 2-3 yrs. If anyone good joins by mistake then he leaves in less than a year.
6. Poor Salary Structure - Recruitment tells you hell lot of lies when you are on the verge of joining it. Once you are in, trouble starts. There is no one to help you out. You are stuck up. I have heard that there is 3 months notice now compulsory for every employee [its not negotiable with the salary either]. It means once you resign you have to be in a hell for at least 3 months. Moreover HR/Management creates a lot of problems in relieving/experience letter. So most of the employees need to abscond....
7. Why HR is there? What they do? God knows !!!
8. Lot of Racial Discrimination on the basis of caste/language. If you can speak Marathi in Pune/Mumbai office, you would get better appraisal, better opportunity than the others. Most of the Projects driven in Marathi language.
9. H1 Black Listed Company.
10. Variable is around 20% of the gross. Recruitment will never tell you that you would be paid twice a year in 75% & 25% parts. Moreover, this time variable was given 75% to all employees..on which basis....god knows !!!
You join syntel only when - 1. You have NO job. OR you are not getting job anywhere.. 2. Your frustration level should be extremely high. 3. You should be Marathi.
Bharat actually does not want to grow at all. They have vision something like 1-5-10 means to be come $ 1b dollar company with a market capitalization of $ 5b by 2010.... I think they should change to 1-5-2020 !!! still not possible...
i was silent member of all the threads regarding syntel as i was planning to think syntel as a future employer . i want to thank all of you for atleast trying to save someone from entering in to the hell. SYNTEL IS HELLL NOTHING ELSE i went with very positive attitude to the interview but the scene over there was really the same as you all were posting the experiences. receptionist talking on phone to her mom about sari prises and all crap. many people waiting in reception ,no professionalism at all from syntel side . the big drama was interview , looking at resume their faces are like what all are these technologies no knowledge of recent .net technologies. not a single intelligent question from them .they are really very very poor . they always make everyone wait for long time no one will prefer to work at such bad place Dont go to hell by any chance .i will say even if you are job less dont prefer syntel.