This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
Hi, for last 3 weeks i was struggling to solve an EJB Lookup problem. yesterday lastly i found solution on IBM's site . i want to share it with you as the pain to find a solution to this problem was monumental and i would like to save others from the same pain.
Scnario: i created one EJB project(say ABCD) on WSAD5 and deployed there itself. i created one web project on WSAD5 on another PC(say PC2). now i tried to lookup ABCD which was running on PC1. it failed to lookup and threw some Exception. then i created an independent java class and tried to lookup the same bean from PC1 itself to check if jndi binding is fine or not, but this time i got entirely dirrerent Exception.
solution to 2nd problem was that, EJB running on PC1 was using IBM JDK and the independent java class which i wrote was using SUN JDK and there was a mismatch which was causing the problem. after compiling and running the class on IBM JDK it started Looking up the bean succesfully. but the web application on PC2 was still failing. here also i changed the JDK version for whole web application but of no use. the actual problem was the serverindex.xml file. this file is used by the application server. in this file there is one property called endPointName="BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS" whose value was "localhost". when i cahnged it to the corresponding ip address, the web application also started looking up successfully. and after 3 weeks i happily.......