Hi! I�m working in WSAD and are trying to do a lookup aginst a session bean from a java class in a webproject.
The code looks like this:
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(); Object obj = ctx.lookup("ejb/Db2Connect"); Db2ConnectHome home = (Db2ConnectHome) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(obj, Db2ConnectHome.class); Db2Connect db2Connect = home.create();
Under References in the web deployment descriptor I have made an EJB reference to the session bean and called id "ejb/Db2Connect".
When I run the code I get the exception:
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:652) at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:255) at javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:292) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:359) at com.ford.vcc.w2vcc.connection.db2.Db2Loader.fakeABod(Db2Loader.java:120) at com.ford.vcc.w2vcc.connection.db2.Db2Loader.main(Db2Loader.java:53) NamingException i Db2Loader javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial
It seems to me like the problem is with the InitialContext does not get instanciated correctly, but I do not understad why. Can someone please give me a hint about what I have done wrong.
This is a sample jndi.properties file for WebSphere:
Try it out
Joined: Dec 18, 2003
I do not know if I added jndi.properties in the right place. I added it in the EAR file under the folder properties. On the server I added it to the classpath. This did not do any good att all. I then added the properties when I created the InitialContext like this:
javax.naming.ConfigurationException: The property com.ibm.ws.naming.wsn.factory.initial is not set. The most likely cause is that the jar which contains the file com/ibm/websphere/naming/jndiprovider.properties cannot be found by the class loader. at com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory.init_implClassCtor(WsnInitialContextFactory.java:190) at com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WsnInitialContextFactory.java:108) at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:674) at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:255) at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:231) at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:207) at com.ford.vcc.w2vcc.connection.db2.Db2Loader.fakeABod(Db2Loader.java:91)NamingException i Db2Loader javax.naming.ConfigurationException: The property com.ibm.ws.naming.wsn.factory.initial is not set. The most likely cause is that the jar which contains the file com/ibm/websphere/naming/jndiprovider.properties cannot be found by the class loader.
Problem solved! Thank you very much for the help. Thanks to the new error messages I got I could find the solution. The thing was that when I ran my web project java class I ran it as a java application. I should have run it as a J2EE client. I then tried to call my java class from a jsp page and it worked!!! The InitialContext found its environment and I could do my jndi lookup. I could even remove the classpath to jndi.properties.
The "big problem" turned out to have a very easy solution.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: InitialContext problem... the rest of the question