File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

What servers support ejb 3?

 
Jesus Angeles
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2068
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

So far I have used, jboss on ejb 3.

Any other servers? esp. industrial-strength ones?
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17276
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Um, are you saying that JBoss isn't industrial strength?

Anyway Glassfish, Weblogic, and now Geronimo also have EJB3 offerings and believe they are all certified.

Mark
 
Jesus Angeles
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2068
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I think it is becoming or already on that level, as Bill Burke has mentioned, in his ejb 3 book; including capabilities like clustering, etc.
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17276
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jesus Angeles:
I think it is becoming or already on that level, as Bill Burke has mentioned, in his ejb 3 book; including capabilities like clustering, etc.


Also that book came out a little over a year ago. Also note that JBoss had an EJB3 implementation before there was an EJB3. I'd look at the more recently released JBoss version 4.2.

Mark
 
Mike Keith
author
Ranch Hand
Posts: 304
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Mark Spritzler:
Anyway Glassfish, Weblogic, and now Geronimo also have EJB3 offerings and believe they are all certified.

Mark


Don't forget that Oracle OC4J and SAP NetWeaver also have EJB 3 functionality. In fact, I think that IBM is the only one that doesn't.
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17276
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Mike Keith:


Don't forget that Oracle OC4J and SAP NetWeaver also have EJB 3 functionality. In fact, I think that IBM is the only one that doesn't.


Thanks Mike.

Mark
 
Cameron Wallace McKenzie
author and cow tipper
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 4968
1
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
WebSphere has a feature pack that makes it possible.

-Cameron McKenzie
 
Jesus Angeles
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2068
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Cameron W. McKenzie:
WebSphere has a feature pack that makes it possible.

-Cameron McKenzie


Thanks Cameron.

I am trying it out. Still trying to see if it is possible to work with RAD 7, or if the package is just for the server.
 
Jesus Angeles
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2068
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It looks like a patch for the server. That's great.

I am a developer, and I am additionally (more) concerned on RAD. (I wonder if IBM is sleeping lately. When are you going to support EJB 3 in RAD?)
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic