Dear All I am currently working in mumbai. I have 1.4 years of experience. I have offer a MNC having in Mumbai.Now i am confused since in my current organization i have been offered hike in salary. The reason for the confusion is that i am not very keen about the offer that i have and also i am not very sure whether i would be given some good quality of work in my curent organization also. Personally i think to wait here for another 8 months and then switch, because after that i may have more opportunities as there are very few companies that are recruiting for 1 yr experience people. Also the other company from which i have offer has very good brand name and i also personally have lots of respect for that company too ( except the HR persons over there).
I think you have the answer. Brand names may help you get to an interview stage but does not mean that it is going to be your ideal job or get through your interview in your next job hunt. If you can get through this interview you should be able to do so in the future as well. Concentrate more on acquiring new skills, learning sought after technologies, taking pride in your achivements etc. Good luck.
If you are happy with current company and not sure what you are going to do in new company then don't change just for the Brand name. At this moment in India I don't see much difficulty to get into Branded company if you are good in technical skills.
Joined: Sep 11, 2005
@current company: I do not have muck work load as we are small group of IT people( about 30) and main business is of financial domain. But less work load does not matter much to me because i have now learned to keep myself updated with new things happening in the field of technology. However i have been offered a hike in salary by the management but they say that it will W.E.F january and we had taken up a very good project of developing a online trading system but it never started because many people resigned in short period of time, so i have told to the management that i want to do that project and if they have faith enough to give me go ahead then i will wait. just waiting for their decision [ ]
@new company: In the PM round i was told that do not think that you will be in development. They told me that they can put me in support, in maintaninence or even can send me to client for installation of their BFSI product. However everywhere i have heard people saying that this company has good technical work to do.Another plus point is that it might me soon taken over another very big brand company.
It depends on what you want to end up doing in future. If you want to end up being a tech, then go for the new company, but if you want to continue with programming stay with your current company, as there is a promise that you will do development. It does not make sence to go to a company with big brands, but not do what you want to do.Buy staying with the current company and doing what you want will give you more exposure.
@new company: In the PM round i was told that do not think that you will be in development. They told me that they can put me in support, in maintaninence or even can send me to client for installation of their BFSI product.
If you are not an average person and take the challenge of development of whole projet then going to support or maintainance is like spoiling the career, it will frustrate you lot and it has many negative impact on your inthusiasm.
Joined: May 31, 2007
Pankaj, look at the following link and it might give you some insights.