Respectd sir, This is from a software engineer from India Right now i'm working as Software engineer ( in Java technology) for a software firm for the past 4 months with which i'm not getting any job satisfaction & also the work pressure is more. This is my first job in software industry & also i don't think this monotony in work & work pressure will reduce with time as i'm seeing even 2 or 3 yrs of experienced people sweating their brain out here for 60 hrs a week. I'm also not getting comfortable with this job as i need to deliver and perform within a very short span of time.
The key point to note is that i've had some 1 years of experience in Training industry(training college students & people in Java Technology) & even while pursuing my current job i was working as a part-time Java trainer in a training firm.
So, now I want to shift my career as a corporate trainer in software and in HR and personnel. I want to help people improve their technical and soft skills, help company in their HR policies, adopting conflict-management policies, & most of all infuence companies in their decision making. I like travelling a lot & i believe as a corporate trainer i can improve personally and professionally, i can meet a lot of people and i can be a major factor in their career changes and i can infuence them.
Now since i want to make a career change i want to weigh my options in that industry.
1) BE in CSE
2) 1 yr of experience as a Java trainer
3) Technical Credentials I'm a technical geek in Java and i've got all the 3 certifications from sun 1) Sun Certified Java Programmer 2) Sun Certified Business Component Developer 3) Sun Certified Web Component Developer
Also i've been working for 4 months in a good Java product employing latest Java technologies(JSF,Ajax,Hibernate) in a good software company in Java technology.
4)Skillsets: I'm at ease in front of large audience,decent communication skill, teaching skill, sincere flair to understand things to the core & ensuring that others should get what i'm communicating ,inter-personal skills, sense of humour etc.
Now what i want to know is
1) How can i shape myself in this industry & where to start with?
2) what will be my career path here?
3) I don't want to be a hardcore technical corporate trainer, i also want to be a HR personnel corporate trainer. what can be done on that aspect ?
4) what a career as a corporate trainer entails( will it be possible for me to run a family after two years having this as my career) and how i can be the best in the industry?
5) List some of the leading training firms in India ?
Your suggestions are welcome.
Joined: Jul 05, 2006
Joined: Jul 05, 2006
why nobody is willing to shift from development to training ya?
As you know, now a days companies usually hiring people who have ready knowledge on Java and etc technologies. If you want to be real corporate trainer you should possess something new, like for example, I met a couple of corporate trainers who earns more money for training us on Vignette platform.
Being simple J2EE technologist may not help much if you are aspired to be a corporate trainer. I also met a corporate trainer who charges huge amount of money for teaching OOAD/UML. However, he is more experienced (25 years).
So if you want to be a corporate trainer, as per my understanding you should have any of the following:
- Hot skill set like Vignette, Documentum or SAP. - Years of experience if you are willing to teach OOAD/UML etc. Not just theory, sometimes you should use your experience in order to solve real life business problems as well.
Hope this helps.
Sai Surya, SCJP 5.0, SCWCD 5.0, IBM 833 834
http://sai-surya-talk.blogspot.com, I believe in Murphy's law.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: shifting from developer to corporate trainer