File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes Higher education in U.S. Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "Higher education in U.S." Watch "Higher education in U.S." New topic

Higher education in U.S.

Karnati Sudhakar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 26, 2008
Posts: 270

Hi All,

I have 2 years of IT experience and cleared two certifications(SCJP,SCWCD) and planning to one more certification in next month.I am very much interested in JAVA and want to pursue any cours in JAVA from any institute in U.S.A. Any one has idea bout universities which support this kind of courses? I cannot fund my studies i need some assistantship in the college or something like that.

Any suggestions ranchers..


Sunil Chandurkar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 09, 2008
Posts: 37
You will get free tuition and a small stipend if you get admission in an MS program and a Graduate Teaching Assistant position.
Karnati Sudhakar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 26, 2008
Posts: 270

Is there any MS program that is about JAVA or any other open source technology...

I am thinking of this option mainly for two reasons:

1) International Degree gives me more scope in my career.
2) my interest in open source technology.

Any suggestions on these?

[ October 06, 2008: Message edited by: Karnati Sudhakar ]
Ulf Dittmer

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42965
University programs are not about any language in particular, so if you're primarily interested in Java (as opposed to, say, computer science fundamentals), then that might not a good fit. Graduate programs do not put much emphasis on actual programming (although you will be required to do that for assignments and projects).

Also, you generally will not get a Teaching (or Research) Assistantship right away (not for an MS, anyway, it's likelier for a PhD).
Bobby Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 18, 2008
Posts: 598

I think some US universities' diploma or certificate will fit you but
as Ulf said not MS degree.

Give a google search regarding diploma or certificate.

best regards,

Most of the programming problems can't be solved because you don't know what the exact problem is.
Defining your problem correctly leads you to the right solution.
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: Higher education in U.S.
It's not a secret anymore!