• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

tomcat again......

 
Madhav Lakkapragada
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5040
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

I installed tomcat3.1 Naturally enough, all the examples
etc run fine. Now comes my servlet application.....
I created a dir doc\appdev\myform and addl dir web,
src and etc.
I have a form web\myForm.html trying to use a servlet
src\formServlet.java

<property name="app.name" value="myform"/>
In the build.xml file I changed myapp to myform as abv, and did
a build all. I see an error which says srcdir NOT found

C:\jakarta-tomcat\doc\appdev\myform>build all
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\jakarta-tomcat\doc\appdev\myform
The items attribute is deprecated. Please use the includes attribute.
The items attribute is deprecated. Please use the includes attribute.
Executing Target: clean
Deleting: C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\myform
Executing Target: prepare
Created dir: C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\myform
Copying 1 files to C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\myform
Created dir: C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\myform\WEB-INF
Created dir: C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\myform\WEB-INF\classes
Created dir: C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\myform\WEB-INF\lib
BUILD FATAL ERROR: srcdir does not exist!
Any clues please.......
BTW, I ran this example using JSDK2.1.
Thanks.
- satya

 
Madhav Lakkapragada
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5040
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

one lesson i learn from this post is
don't post long msgs, i guess many of us don't like to
go thru long posts....pstttt....just whining.....
so i got the much reqd help from a one Roopa on cinjug..
and here is what (s)he has suggested:
Thanks Roopa and thxs everyone to allowing me to whine..
Regds.
- satya
================================================================
Hello,
We also get "The items attribute is deprecated. Please use the includes attribute." and have not resolved it yet.
However we did fix the "srcdir" not found problem....make sure that you have a "lib" directory in your source project file folder . That fixed it for us.
Roopa

================================================================
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic