This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
This summer, five friends each found a different job to earn money. As it happened, they all started their new jobs in the same week; each on a different day and each earning a different amount. Determine the type of job each got, the day of the week each started working, each friend�s mode of transportation to their new job, and how much per hour each friend was earning.
1. Chris didn�t have a newspaper route but he did use the bus. The boy who mowed lawns took the train to work.
2. The boy who used a bicycle started working on Friday. Joe didn�t get a job as a painter.
3. The five friends are represented, in no particular order, by the following: the boy who made $6.00 per hour, the boy who started work on Thursday, the boy who used a car to get to work, Chris, and the boy who mowed lawns.
4. Peter started work the day before the boy who worked as a cashier but two days after the boy who made $7.00 per hour. The boy who worked as a cashier made $0.50 per hour more than Greg made.
5. The boy who started work on Tuesday made $6.25 per hour. Rob didn�t start work on Monday. Peter made more per hour than the painter but less than the boy who used a car.
6. Rob walked to work. The person who started on Wednesday didn�t make $6.50 per hour. The golf caddy used a car to get to work.