Anyone familiar with this stuff that's showing up in my Tomcat stderr logs? SEVERE: Parse Error at line 914 column 11: The content of element type "web-app" must match "(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,filter-mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime- ................ In my web.xml, I have the following in my web-app element:
The one for my Controller servlet was already working (I finally figured that one out), and then I created the LoginLookup one, and it served to work when I access it in my website, but Tomcat seems to be complaining about it for some reason.
Its a good idea to download the servlet specification from here. To get the exact details on the required order of elements in web.xml.
Joined: May 29, 2003
Also, validating the XML document with a validating parser is a good idea so you don't have to wait until you deploy your application before you find out that it's all messed up. (I develop in JBuilder, where it's a simple context menu click or two.) Most, if not all, XML editors allow you to validate the document against some DTD these days.
Joined: Jul 15, 2003
I moved the following up above all the servlet mappings and it's still complaining: