I just started working with servlets today, I tried the first example at "chapter 1" at Hanumant Deshmukh's book (SCWCD Exam Study Kit), I made everything as discribed in the book, but it keeps giving me an error of "resource not found". I use TomCat 4.1 as suggested by the book auther.
In Web.xml: Servlet tag is correct. (class name etc) Servlet mapping tag is given correctly.
Also make sure that servlet class is present in the correct directory under web-inf. Check the URL you are using to access the servlet. Restart the server, after you do any corrections. It should work. There is no magic in that, unless there is some silly error. [ October 08, 2004: Message edited by: Manoj Gundawar ]