This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum. We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line! See this thread for details.
i need one to select a java web host but i would u guys to shed more light on these issues.
1. As it is common with the usual hosting companies, is Cpanel the choice of the java hosting companies too, or is there any other control panel most suited for such java hosting irrespective of linux/windows platform?
2. For java hosting, do you recommend VpS or Dedicated server for those who can afford anything and what are the diferences?
3. And for those who are price-concoius, is shared hosting a good idea for java hosting?
4. I saw many experts here terming java hosting as PREMIUM one, hence the expensive nature of the java hosting as compared to PHP, Perl, ASP, etc. Why can't java hosting compare to other hosting technologies in terms of pricing, resources and support? Is it due to lack of java expertise or something else?
5. If someone decides to purchase their own java-specific dedicated server instead of a shared java hosting or VpS, which dedicated server providers do their best in configuring a java machine and on which OS?
7. Technically speaking, what makes a host qualified to offer java hosting? Do these features point to a good java host?
Tomcat 3.2.3, 4.1.12LE, Tomcat Manager, Private Tomcat, Shared Catalina with own Tomcat root, Catalina Output Apache JServ, WebLogic, WebSphere JSP 1.1, 1.2 Servlet 2.3 JDK, Sun jdk-1.3.0, Sun j2sdk 1.4, J2SE (Java 2 Standard Edition) Software Development Kit v1.3.1, Java development tools/compilers/JITs JRE J2EE Private Java Virtual Machine JVM JRun, Private JRun Services Manager (JSM), JRunPro 2.3 used for servlets EJB/J2EE/JBoss Supported, JBoss Java VMs, Server.XML access Struts Private Resin Servlet Engine ECMAScript and WebL support Generic Servlet Library Form Mail Servlet Visitor Counter Servlet Guest Book Servlet MySQL, SQL Server, InterBase, PostgreSQL XML, Cocoon XML Processor, FOP XML Print Formatter, SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), Xalan XSLT Processor, Xang, Xerces Java Parser Windows, Linux
There are additional java perks like Resin which speed up the java applications running on a java hosted server. Is there any other application like Resin that can be installed on a java server for offering better performance to its hosted accounts? Please be specific.
Why is it difficult or impossible for a web hosting company to offer EJB, JavaBeans, JBOSS or Enterprise J2EEE in a shared hosting environment?
Thanks in advance for your help.
--One learns a lot during a lesson but seeing is not enough,you must do;knowing is not enough ,you must apply--<br />SCJP 1.4,SCBCD,SCEA part 1,OCM JEE Enterprise Architect.