This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
If any of you have used xplanner you might be knowing that it works well on Tomcat(version 4.1 and above). I downloaded war file of xplanner and successfully deployed it on Tomcat 4.1. Then I tried to deploy same war file on Websphere Application Server 5.1, but it was throwing some deploy time exceptions, I figured out the problem, web.xml has a entry of "servlet-mapping" element without having any corresponding "servlet" element i.e,:- it has the following servlet-element:-
I removed this element from web.xml and renamed all *.jspf files(there were only two) to *.jsp. After that xplanner was deployed on WAS 5.1 but some of its pages started to show JSP Processing Error. [banghead]
But in case of Tomcat i made no changes in war file and then also it was working without any error