File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Servlets and the fly likes application suddenly not working Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Servlets
Bookmark "application suddenly not working" Watch "application suddenly not working" New topic
Author

application suddenly not working

Jesus Angeles
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Posts: 2057
The application suddenly doesnt run. The error is



It works at another pc. It also worked when I imported it in another workspace.

The only thing I do differently is sometimes use filters and form login, and in another pc, i dont use filter and form login. Is there anything else I need to update in the workspace when I remove the filter and form login from the web.xml?
Cameron Wallace McKenzie
author and cow tipper
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Aug 26, 2006
Posts: 4968
    
    1

How are you 'importing' the project? As a war? an EAR? As a workspace project?

A virtual host is not defined? Your server can start, right? One thing you might do is run the test server, and then open the admin console. That's one of the options when you right click on your server configuration. Then take a look at what virtual hosts are defined. Maybe you could compare this entry to the computers that work.

Cheers!

-Cameron McKenzie
Eddy Lee Sin Ti
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 06, 2005
Posts: 135
/webapp/XXXXPPORTALWeb/XXXXSPPFlatDetailSold


The above mentioned path can be mapped to Servlet, Filter, etc. Since you said you removed the filter and some other stuffs from the web.xml, it could be a filter that handle such a request. It could be helpful if you can post up your original and changed web.xml.

Maybe it's just like Kameron said, your application might not deployed or started properly.

Cheers
[ October 28, 2006: Message edited by: Eddy Lee Sin Ti ]

SCJP, SCWCD, SCJWS, IBM 700,IBM 701, IBM 704, IBM 705, CA Clarity Technical<br /> <br /><a href="http://eddyleesinti.blogspot.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eddyleesinti.blogspot.com</a>
Jesus Angeles
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Posts: 2057
I was exporting/importing the application as an ear (with source).

Another thing is, at one point, wsad points an error to a line in the web.xml that I have already deleted (the line where the filter declaration used to be). I have saved all the files already so wsad should see the new web.xml. But it seems to be 'seeing' the old web.xml from somewhere (halloween-related?). Anyway, that one disappeared already.

But this application, as I mentioned doesnt work suddenly. But in a new workspace, it does.
Eddy Lee Sin Ti
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 06, 2005
Posts: 135
It might be the case where the deployed web.xml amd other related files doesn't get updated/refreshed in your old workspace.

Try check out your server configuration directory and search for web.xml file. Usually it is located at

<workspace_directory>\<server_configuration_name>\<server_name>.wsc\cells\localhost\applications\<ear_name>.ear\deployments\<web_app_name>\<web_app_name>.war\WEB-INF\web.xml

I did face similar issue before and what I did is to undeploy and redeploy again the EAR to make sure the server got a clean new copy of everything.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: application suddenly not working