When I was working on a localhost , tomcat found all my servlets without problems, but now that ive uploaded my website to a web host. The server suddenly can't find my servlets. I know this could be because of the web.xml file, because the server needs to be restarted for it to work right? Is there any way to check if the server is using the correct web.xml file? Or could there be another problem.
Also, what's with the back slashes in the form tag?
Can you access anything in the web app? Have you determined whether it's even running or not?
Tristan Van Poucke
Joined: Jun 30, 2008
the backslashes are there because I generate the form from a java class. And I can see the form in the browser so I conclude that the webapp is running but i can't seem to find the servlets i have made.
Ah! Then one possibility is that you have a typo with differing case. Windows being case-insensitive might treat Xyz the same as xyz. But any unix-based system will not!
First, I'd recommend following convention and using all lowercase for package names, and be sure that your folder names are all lowercase as well. That not only conforms to convention, it removes lots of possibilities for casing mismatches.
Then go through the app looking for casing inconsistencies. [ September 10, 2008: Message edited by: Bear Bibeault ]